SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#311342 - 06/22/10 10:56 AM arranger-giga question
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

ok, so I understand that one of the Liontracs instruments can read giga files.

Can it read all kind Giga files?
Also, I work a lot with midi files and arrangers. Giga files are not GM compatible, as far as I know...has Liontracs devised a Giga gm module, and how does that sounds?

What I am hoping to find is a Yamaha arranger keyboards with gm compatible Giga sounds.

#311343 - 06/22/10 12:00 PM Re: arranger-giga question
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hello.

Quote:
ok, so I understand that one of the Liontracs instruments can read giga files.

No... all of them can read Giga Files.
All Lionstracs products run on the exact same OS and have all the same features. The only difference between them is the amount of hardware and speed.

Quote:
Can it read all kind Giga files?

Yes.

Quote:
lso, I work a lot with midi files and arrangers. Giga files are not GM compatible, as far as I know...has Liontracs devised a Giga gm module, and how does that sounds?

All Lionstracs keyboards come with Giga Files arranged into a GM Compatible bank of sound.

So your midi files will load directly into the keyboard and play straight away without the need for you to load any software or anything at all. In short, it will read your midi files straight out of the box.

Regards
James

#311344 - 06/23/10 03:40 AM Re: arranger-giga question

thanks James for the replies, I appreciate. The Liontracs instruments really seem what I am looking for. Cheers

#311345 - 06/24/10 04:32 AM Re: arranger-giga question

James, some more questions if you don't mind

about the Giga GM bank, how big is it , I mean how many mb ?

do the Liontracs streams samples from disk?

I have read elsewhere that the arranger software doesn't support chord inversions yet, is this true?
That to me would not work as I am very exact about chord progressions, I really need chord recognition that works as well as a Yamaha PSR...what can I expect with the Liontracs? Thanks

#311346 - 06/24/10 06:51 AM Re: arranger-giga question
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
about the Giga GM bank, how big is it , I mean how many mb ?

Just over 1GB for the default GM Bank, but it comes with 25+GB of other Giga files too including many Tyros 2 sounds.

Quote:
do the Liontracs streams samples from disk?

Yes.

Quote:
I have read elsewhere that the arranger software doesn't support chord inversions yet, is this true?
That to me would not work as I am very exact about chord progressions, I really need chord recognition that works as well as a Yamaha PSR...what can I expect with the Liontracs? Thanks

Live Styler does, don't know about Live Arranger though. I'd be shocked if it didn't.

You can download a copy here. http://www.livearranger.com/

Regards
James

#311347 - 06/24/10 08:13 AM Re: arranger-giga question

thanks James, I tried to download the Live Arranger demo weeks ago from the US website but could not figure out how to do it....it kept asking to register.

I tried Live Styler a few months ago, found it really difficult to figure out and I found it's numerous numerical fields a turn-off, didn't like it.

I think I like Live Arranger much better, but how would I be able to edit complete arrangements? It does not have any editing options such as punch in-out, etc

also, how would I be able to see scores displayed on the Liontracs screen, a' la Yamaha PSR ?
I use that function to analize quickly entire songs written by my favourite musicians.

Thanks...won't bother you for a while

#311348 - 06/24/10 09:23 AM Re: arranger-giga question
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
thanks James, I tried to download the Live Arranger demo weeks ago from the US website but could not figure out how to do it....it kept asking to register.

Just click on this link.
http://www.livearranger.com/download/livearranger.exe

Quote:
I tried Live Styler a few months ago, found it really difficult to figure out and I found it's numerous numerical fields a turn-off, didn't like it.

Same here. It works very well but it's dog ugly looking software.

Quote:
I think I like Live Arranger much better, but how would I be able to edit complete arrangements? It does not have any editing options such as punch in-out, etc

You would really need to download it and see if it has what you need. I'm not using my keyboard as an arranger at all.

Liosntracs also have their own Qranger program which is extremely deep. There is a developer currently making styles for it right now too. So you have plenty options.

Quote:
also, how would I be able to see scores displayed on the Liontracs screen, a' la Yamaha PSR ?

I know it has this function but I haven't even tried it. I did load it up once, but never bothered to explore how easy it is to use and so on.... So leave that one with me and I'll get back to you.

Even if it doesn't do what you want, remember it's an open keyboard we are talking about. You can install whatever you want on it and there are plenty of programs out there for displaying sheet music.

Regards
James.

#311349 - 06/24/10 10:09 AM Re: arranger-giga question

thank you James, it all looks very interesting and Qranger seems really what I had dreamed about : a bit like Cubase but with less useless 30000 options ,and an integrated arranger rather than a blank canvas. I really hope that Liontracs will develop that software as it would be the main selling point for me to buy a Liontracs instrument, beside the ability to integrate Giga samples into a GM environment.

I was just thinking....I could buy the Liontracs software and run it into my laptop, add a master keyboard and see if it's for me, then I could decide if I'd buy the expander too. What do you think?

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 06-24-2010).]

#311350 - 06/24/10 12:40 PM Re: arranger-giga question
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:

I was just thinking....I could buy the Liontracs software and run it into my laptop, add a master keyboard and see if it's for me, then I could decide if I'd buy the expander too. What do you think?

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 06-24-2010).]

No not possible, you MUST have the MS or the Groove hardware as well. There is more than just the PC hardware inside. It also has many proprietary PCBs and other parts.

Also the software is geared to the panel buttons on the MS that are not possible on the laptop.

Dennis

#311351 - 06/24/10 12:40 PM Re: arranger-giga question
miden Offline

And as far as I know the scores function has not been implemented yet.

D

#311352 - 06/24/10 02:51 PM Re: arranger-giga question

ok thanks....if there's no score I'll sadly have to let it go for now, as my idea was to work away from the computer. No other option than to keep the PSR for now and wait for Liontracs to implement the score. Hopefully they will

#311353 - 06/24/10 03:53 PM Re: arranger-giga question
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
ok thanks....if there's no score I'll sadly have to let it go for now, as my idea was to work away from the computer. No other option than to keep the PSR for now and wait for Liontracs to implement the score. Hopefully they will

you can use rosegarden on MS for this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_2RhxFT6AA&feature=related

note:
the images are from Rosegarden site and the video from youtube
http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 06-24-2010).]

#311354 - 06/25/10 02:24 AM Re: arranger-giga question

thanks AFG, interesting.

what does this mean?

'The Rosegarden development team makes Rosegarden available in source code form, to be compiled after download. We don't make ready-to-run binaries; you should get those as packages tailored for a particular Linux distribution.'

sounds all Greek to me

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 06-25-2010).]

#311355 - 06/25/10 03:16 AM Re: arranger-giga question
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
thanks AFG, interesting.

what does this mean?

'The Rosegarden development team makes Rosegarden available in source code form, to be compiled after download. We don't make ready-to-run binaries; you should get those as packages tailored for a particular Linux distribution.'

sounds all Greek to me

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 06-25-2010).]

Rosegarden is already installed on MS/Groove, so you most only run the program and connect with linuxsampler.

#311356 - 06/25/10 04:25 AM Re: arranger-giga question
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Is also installed the Musescore: http://musescore.org/

No emails at all from you. Maybe is better that let me know your email that I can edit my spam filter
thanks

------
Sent by Iphone

#311357 - 06/25/10 05:42 AM Re: arranger-giga question
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:

No emails at all from you. Maybe is better that let me know your email that I can edit my spam filter
thanks

------
Sent by Iphone

Ahh... that's the one I was thinking of.
All good programs but none are designed for displaying sheet music on the fly.

For a long time I've been developing my own program, but I've kind of stopped because there wasn't too much interest in it.

Here's a few screen shots of it. It's designed for use with Touch Screens in mind.

#311358 - 06/25/10 01:05 PM Re: arranger-giga question
miden Offline

Hi James,

I often wondered about that app of yours after you released details over at korgforums.

Might be nice to trial a finished, or beta version? I mean I use a program called Music Reader, but I am always up for trying something that may be better.

Your program does look neat, can it also load either Jpg/bmp images ? and Can it be page controlled with a foot controller?

Playlists?

Anyhoo, if you ever decide to start work on it again, I am happy to be a trial-bunny

Dennis

PS: @ AFG and Domenico... I knew about those programs Domenico has on the MS now, but it seems the OP has very limited knowledge of both the OS on the MS, and on Linux itself. I did not want to raise his hopes of something that was fully integrated and would work as he (probably) expects it to, just like in Windows.

To use either Muse OR Rosegarden would require a huge learning curve ON TOP of the huge learning curve required for the Media Station/Groove.

The MS needs the scoring program to be integrated into the OS, as it is they are simply add-ons that need to be run seperately within the Linux OS, and not the MS OS.

#311359 - 06/26/10 01:15 AM Re: arranger-giga question

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
[B]
Ahh... that's the one I was thinking of.
All good programs but none are designed for displaying sheet music on the fly.

For a long time I've been developing my own program, but I've kind of stopped because there wasn't too much interest in it.

Here's a few screen shots of it. It's designed for use with Touch Screens in mind.

it looks very interesting, and the fact that it works with touchscreens means that it seems perfect for a Liontracs instrument! Moreover, I definitely need a program that displays sheet music on the fly. Hopefully Liontracs will give this software a serious thought, Irishacts

#311360 - 06/26/10 03:48 AM Re: arranger-giga question
Irishacts Offline

Hi Dennis.

Quote:
Might be nice to trial a finished, or beta version?

There's actually an old demo version of it still online here.

Don't ask me though how far along it is in development compared to what I might have sitting on my PC as code. It's been a while since I even looked at this program.

Quote:
I use a program called Music Reader, but I am always up for trying something that may be better.

Music Reader looks like a very good program. My one was never finished and I really never got any input from people for features they wanted and so on.... so I'm not sure how it would even compare to a Music Reader. My approach is also rather different.

Quote:
Your program does look neat, can it also load either Jpg/bmp images ?

Yes, supports all common image formats.

Quote:
and Can it be page controlled with a foot controller?

Yes if you install a midi to keystrokes app on the PC running the software. If Domenico wanted a Lionstracs version on his keyboard, it could be very easily integrated to work with the actual buttons on the keyboard.

Quote:
Playlists?

Yep.

Quote:
Anyhoo, if you ever decide to start work on it again, I am happy to be a trial-bunny.

Would be nice if we could work this that it turned into the actual program used for Liosntracs keyboards.

Cheers
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 06-26-2010).]

#311361 - 06/26/10 12:44 PM Re: arranger-giga question
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:

Would be nice if we could work this that it turned into the actual program used for Liosntracs keyboards.

Cheers
James

Hi James,

Yes I agree totally! Would make a great add-on for the Media Station OS.....

Dennis

#311362 - 06/27/10 12:25 PM Re: arranger-giga question

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Hi James,

Yes I agree totally! Would make a great add-on for the Media Station OS.....

Dennis

yes I agree too !

#311363 - 06/28/10 05:04 AM Re: arranger-giga question

Quote:

thanks

------
Sent by Iphone

we will have to find some other ways as I don't write my email on forums, sorry.

#311364 - 06/28/10 05:54 AM Re: arranger-giga question
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Arranger_yes_pc_no
Try contacting http://www.tastenpoint.at/ with your question, as if Helmut cannot help, he will be able to pass on your query and email address (If you want) to Lionstracs.

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 06-28-2010).]

#311365 - 06/28/10 06:21 AM Re: arranger-giga question
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
we will have to find some other ways as I don't write my email on forums, sorry.

try to send me again the email, from yesterday I have a new web server, maybe now all is working.

#311366 - 07/03/10 06:00 AM Re: arranger-giga question

Quote:
try to send me again the email, from yesterday I have a new web server, maybe now all is working.

ok I'll try again, or if you want you can simply let me know the price for the deal here.

#311367 - 07/05/10 07:43 AM Re: arranger-giga question

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi Arranger_yes_pc_no
Try contacting http://www.tastenpoint.at/ with your question, as if Helmut cannot help, he will be able to pass on your query and email address (If you want) to Lionstracs.

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 06-28-2010).]

thanks, I have emailed Dom again, let's see if it'll work this time

#311368 - 07/05/10 09:21 AM Re: arranger-giga question
LIONSTRACS Offline

sorry..but still I dont get any email from you..
the new server is working, get today about 20 enqiry..but nothing from you.
Then register on my new lionstracs forum: http://lionstracs.com/forum/
and there you can send me a private message or I can also read your email account for contact you.
let me know

#311369 - 07/05/10 12:35 PM Re: arranger-giga question

Quote:
sorry..but still I dont get any email from you..
the new server is working, get today about 20 enqiry..but nothing from you.
Then register on my new lionstracs forum: http://lionstracs.com/forum/
and there you can send me a private message or I can also read your email account for contact you.
let me know

Domenico....I am already working my butt off and I am already tired of that. I have sent you many emails. And still nothing works. Now I should even have to register in a forum that I don't use yet. You are welcome to let me know your price here.

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 07-05-2010).]

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 07-05-2010).]

#311370 - 07/05/10 01:41 PM Re: arranger-giga question
LIONSTRACS Offline

the Groove X-6 desktop version, Demo unit ( used from norbert for developement) I can release it for only 2200 euro. ( normally price is 2590+tax)

I have also one MS to the keyboard magazine is USA...this I can release for only 1500 euro.
Need only to upgrade the PciExpress VGA and then is same system as the Groove.
The first that place the order and pay, can pickup.
cheers

#311371 - 07/06/10 11:24 AM Re: arranger-giga question
Pearlss1977 Offline

Loc: Ocean County, New Jersey
Hi Dom

The keyboard that u mentioned in the states is that a mediastation with 76 keys?
Where is it located in the us? I had spoken with u a few months back about purchasing a 76 mediastation but u had told me u sold the last one.

Does the price u mention include the upgrade?

Thanks
Justin

#311372 - 07/07/10 01:47 AM Re: arranger-giga question

Quote:
the Groove X-6 desktop version, Demo unit ( used from norbert for developement) I can release it for only 2200 euro. ( normally price is 2590+tax)

I have also one MS to the keyboard magazine is USA...this I can release for only 1500 euro.
Need only to upgrade the PciExpress VGA and then is same system as the Groove.

The first that place the order and pay, can pickup.
cheers

I would buy the MS but am in the UK ,so I suppose 1500 euros don't include the shipping and import duties.

I don't understand about the x6d....how much is exactly '2590+ tax' ?

and 2200 euros for the ex demo x6d, is that without shipping, with shipping?

#311373 - 07/07/10 02:25 AM Re: arranger-giga question
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Pearlss1977:
Hi Dom

The keyboard that u mentioned in the states is that a mediastation with 76 keys?
Where is it located in the us? I had spoken with u a few months back about purchasing a 76 mediastation but u had told me u sold the last one.

Does the price u mention include the upgrade?

Thanks
Justin

In fact I dont have any MS models available, I gave one complete MS-76 expanded to Stephen Fortner
Executive Editor, KEYBOARD Magazine, in CA, end last year.
On this MS is installed the OS 3.3, with the Silicon Motion VGA card, for install the last OS 4.3, need to upgrade the only PciExpress VGA.
PciExpress VGA is not included, need to order and shipping, this VGA cost 150 euro.

#311374 - 07/07/10 02:27 AM Re: arranger-giga question
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
I would buy the MS but am in the UK ,so I suppose 1500 euros don't include the shipping and import duties.

I don't understand about the x6d....how much is exactly '2590+ tax' ?

and 2200 euros for the ex demo x6d, is that without shipping, with shipping?

Hi
2590+20% Tax = 3108 Euro
For the ex demo X6D, 2200, tax included.
Shipment to UK cost 80 euro
thanks

#311375 - 07/07/10 07:28 AM Re: arranger-giga question

ok Dom. The instrument seems very advanced and a far better proposition than this PC Windows stuff built into a keyboard ( I am not even looking at that stuff as it's not what I want), but I still have to make sure that it's what I need.

What I am hoping to get is basically an arranger midi-audio keyboard workstation that, although advanced, will allow me to work quickly enough on my ideas and compositions.

I will have to make a list with a few more questions (didn't I say no more questions,lol)

a full-fledged manual (not just the quick guide) would really help me. Maybe you could pass me the complete pdf manual?

If so, let me know and I'll register on the forums.

hopefully that will make me decide to buy this great instrument.

#311376 - 07/09/10 05:21 AM Re: arranger-giga question

mmmmmh....sorry but I need to bombard you guys with more questions....

what I basically want to do, is being able to record entire demos of my music by using styles, like on a arranger. Once I devise all the chord progressions, melodies and sections (verse,chorus,solos ,etc) I would just record the entire arrangement without actually writing every single line for every instrument in the rhythm section. Not much different than going to a band with your song already written from start to end, and telling the guys 'this are the chords, the style of the music has to be such and such. The rest is up to you'.

Now , Q-ranger allows styles implementation by setting markers in midi files, which to me is already too convoluted. I was hoping that with Live Arranger I could play any section and variations, on the spot, just like my Yamaha PSR, but at the same time to be able to record everything and edit anything (for example the chords, if needed).

The PSR allows me to write chords via a 'chord-track' , which I find essential and often use (otherwise you would have to play the entire style with all the variations wanted, on the fly, which I don't do. Someone very skilled like Vagro does, but I am not as good as a performer as he is).

So what I want to know is, with th X6, can I write the chords in step time and at the same time being able to record all the sections and variations without this 'put 10 markers on a midi file' process?

Also, on the whole, how easy is the Liontracs to set up, given that the GIGA libraries are quite large? I have read some posts where things seemed to go a bit too slow. I just want to compose my music with as little fuss as possible. Maybe I am asking too much, but still, asking doesn't hurt

Thanks guys for your patience....I appreciate all the past help too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online