SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#311239 - 06/12/10 09:22 AM Screen Back-light
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi all.
Is there a way to turn up the back-light for the screen? I find that it's set rather dim right now and I've not been able to see any settings to adjust it.

If not, then I assume my B-Stock unit has seen some serious usage.

Regards
James

#311240 - 06/12/10 01:35 PM Re: Screen Back-light
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hi James,

No your screen is not faulty. These are a TFT screen and as such have a fixed luminosity.

This is one hardware item I have never been truly happy with, although I did get used to it.

I found having the keyboard stand arms set so the keyboard tilted downward slightly makes a bit of difference. I also have a couple of wedges I use when using a keyboard stand that only has fixed level arm supports.

My latest is a modified music stand, where I modified the mounting bracket on the rear of the 20" LCD monitor I have, to actually fit onto the music stand. Works really well.

BUT downside is the monitor is too big to use on stage.

I did find the smaller 10" LCD monitors fitted nicely on the Lionstracs Music rest. And they had a nice low profile which meant they were not as "visible" when performing.

And indeed I was going to use one of these live, just before I sold my MS last year in frustration !!!! LOL, I also sold the small monitor too, darn it!!

Dennis

#311241 - 06/12/10 05:38 PM Re: Screen Back-light
Irishacts Offline

Thanks Dennis.

Still kind of wondering if it's normal though or has back light has faded form very long “on time”. It's brightness is about only 30% of what my OASYS display illuminates at.

Even my little Net book with it's 9 inch screen is extremely bright in comparison.

Regards
James

#311242 - 06/12/10 05:54 PM Re: Screen Back-light
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi all.
Is there a way to turn up the back-light for the screen? I find that it's set rather dim right now and I've not been able to see any settings to adjust it.

If not, then I assume my B-Stock unit has seen some serious usage.

Regards
James

I am surprised that a sceen of that size does not have adjustment somewhere, maybe a pot somewhere or software.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#311243 - 06/12/10 06:56 PM Re: Screen Back-light
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Thanks Dennis.

Still kind of wondering if it's normal though or has back light has faded form very long “on time”. It's brightness is about only 30% of what my OASYS display illuminates at.

Even my little Net book with it's 9 inch screen is extremely bright in comparison.

Regards
James

Mine was fairly dim from day one (compared to my LCD and LED screens) James, so I just got used to it.

In fact I remember when I first turned it on, looking for about 15 minutes for some sort of dial, switch or software control

I even sent an urgent email to Domenico asking if there was perhaps something wrong with it. He explained it is a TFT and as such has no contrast or brightness control.

Dennis

#311244 - 06/12/10 07:19 PM Re: Screen Back-light
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Mine was fairly dim from day one (compared to my LCD and LED screens) James, so I just got used to it.

In fact I remember when I first turned it on, looking for about 15 minutes for some sort of dial, switch or software control

I even sent an urgent email to Domenico asking if there was perhaps something wrong with it. He explained it is a TFT and as such has no contrast or brightness control.

Dennis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XDJZX3E45U

I think you should ask Dom again how the display is adjusted it must be somewhere.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#311245 - 06/12/10 07:56 PM Re: Screen Back-light
Irishacts Offline

Thanks Dennis.
Interesting, so yours is exactly the same.

Tony's points are also dead on too though. There has to be away to adjust the brightness because it's so dim that it must be running in a reduce state.

I have a VIAO laptop that came with XP and when I switched over to VISTA the Fn keys would not adjust the brightness because it was all software based.

It could be something silly like that here. Any idea's what make and model screens we have ?

Regards
James

#311246 - 06/12/10 08:03 PM Re: Screen Back-light
Irishacts Offline

Ok it's a G084SN01-2.

Must see if there is software or a pot that can be adjusted.

Cheers
James.

#311247 - 06/12/10 08:12 PM Re: Screen Back-light
Irishacts Offline

OK scratch that idea. The spec on this is 150 to 200 cd/m² which is about what I'm seeing.

It is what it is.

Cheers
James.

#311248 - 06/12/10 10:52 PM Re: Screen Back-light
Bachus Offline

Quote:
OK scratch that idea. The spec on this is 150 to 200 cd/m² which is about what I'm seeing.

It is what it is.

Cheers
James.

Do you know if Dom is still using this screen on the newer units or of it got replaced by a brighter one?

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online