SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#311112 - 06/03/10 01:49 PM Re: Guitar mode
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Bachus I JUST gave you the answer. I also owned a PA2xPro, and a Roland G70 so I do know what I am talking about!!!!

I know...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#311113 - 06/03/10 02:39 PM Re: Guitar mode
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Well then why hassle the guy you insulted by saying he was making assumptions???

And as far as I know James has never owned a PA of any sort. And that is not a dig at James in any way.

I could tell you exactly what guitars are used, but I am not going to bother now.

**Needed to edit as I lost the internet just after i hit the post***

James does know a fair bit about the PAs though, so if he wants to answer that question, I am sure he will

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 06-03-2010).]

#311114 - 06/03/10 03:22 PM Re: Guitar mode
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
James, do you know if Korg's PA2X guitars are jst a normal instrument that works kind of like a Yamaha Megavoice... but then with things like strums on a part of the keyboard and single notes somewhere else?

They are normal instruments but there is some very clever programming going on here that alternates the order notes are played and the timing between them.

So for example, you play a chord and the simulator alternates the order and delay between playing each note in order to simulate the up and down stroke of the plectrum on the strings.

This is a million times more flexible than just sampling strummed chords.

Regards
James

#311115 - 06/03/10 03:59 PM Re: Guitar mode
miden Offline

Loc: The World
On the Roland you need to press a seperate key to determine which strum it is to be, and from memory, it is the same on the Korg.

So you would play a chord with the right hand in normal piano voicing, then select the key range assigned to say "up strums" and it re-voices the notes to guitar voicings and plays an up strum, continuously, or just one depending on which key you select. The same applies to up AND down strumming and arps.

Real Guitar, and Real Strat operate in a very similar fashion. So if you can set up a midi patch to play both the strum type, and the chord played it can be embedded into a style on the MS. As I believe a style on the MS can have both audio, AND midi parts, although I cannot confirm as I have not played with it yet.

I am awaiting OS 5 (or 4.5) for the Q-Ranger engine to accept VST's as well as just the Giga sounds.

Dennis

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online