SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#311102 - 06/02/10 08:04 AM Guitar mode
Bachus Offline

Just wondering how guitar mode on the Roland and Korg system works... Could it be made that the Lionstracs soundsets (if they are ever developed) could play styles that use this guitar mode.

Will it be needed to use Roland and/or Korg styles to its fullest?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#311103 - 06/02/10 09:21 AM Re: Guitar mode
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Far as I'm aware Guitar mode is not data embedded into the styles. It's the systems ability to play along with the style based on the chords your playing. If that's correct then the keyboard can do this right now. All you need to do is make a Combi sound and throw the VSTi Guitar Simulator onto your left hand.

Regards
James.

#311104 - 06/02/10 12:38 PM Re: Guitar mode
miden Offline

Loc: The World
And to add to James' comment, if you install Real Guitar, Real Strat or other guitar VST's that have strummming capability, you get pretty much the same thing

Dennis

#311105 - 06/02/10 09:50 PM Re: Guitar mode
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Far as I'm aware Guitar mode is not data embedded into the styles. It's the systems ability to play along with the style based on the chords your playing. If that's correct then the keyboard can do this right now. All you need to do is make a Combi sound and throw the VSTi Guitar Simulator onto your left hand.

Regards
James.

I tought guitar mode was used in styles too?

Shows how unfamiliar one is with an instrument he never played. One should try not to make assumptions....

#311106 - 06/02/10 10:54 PM Re: Guitar mode
miden Offline

They are all a bit different Bachus.

On the Korgs, the guitar mode can ONLY be used within the style engine and is not available for general play. On the Roland it CAN be used for general play, but NOT for styles..And I dont think Yamaha even have a "guitar mode" per se, just the SA guitars for live play, no "auto" strumming.

Dennis

#311107 - 06/03/10 03:10 AM Re: Guitar mode
AFG Music Offline

on MS/Groove you can use Guitar mode by using and run Guitar VST on one of this VSThost slots if i am not wrong:

# ASIO 5: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 9. No Midi reset CC #120 on this port when switching engines.

# ASIO 6: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 10. No Midi reset CC #120 on this port when switching engines.
# ASIO 7: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 11. No Midi reset CC #120 on this port when switching engines.
# ASIO 8: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 12. No Midi reset CC #120 on this port when switching engines.

and connct the VSThost with qranger or Live Arranger.

no idea whether it works or not with Korg syles. but you can use to create your own styles if i am not wrong.

#311108 - 06/03/10 08:54 AM Re: Guitar mode
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
on MS/Groove you can use Guitar mode by using and run Guitar VST on one of this VSThost slots if i am not wrong:

# ASIO 5: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 9. No Midi reset CC #120 on this port when switching engines.

# ASIO 6: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 10. No Midi reset CC #120 on this port when switching engines.
# ASIO 7: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 11. No Midi reset CC #120 on this port when switching engines.
# ASIO 8: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 12. No Midi reset CC #120 on this port when switching engines.

and connct the VSThost with qranger or Live Arranger.

no idea whether it works or not with Korg syles. but you can use to create your own styles if i am not wrong.

I don't think real guitar VST works the same as Korg's guitar mode...

But real guitar will very much function for when someone wants to play guitar in addition to a style/song/mp3.

James, do you know if Korg's PA2X guitars are jst a normal instrument that works kind of like a Yamaha Megavoice... but then with things like strums on a part of the keyboard and single notes somewhere else?

#311109 - 06/03/10 12:37 PM Re: Guitar mode
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Its all just assumption and speculation in here, even for PCs there is nothing like KORG's
Guitar Mode. It cant be implemented in MS since there is not Soft similar to KORG's.
I have REAL GUITAR and other but they work different then Korgs and cant be used in style.

#311110 - 06/03/10 12:47 PM Re: Guitar mode
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
The best way in future, is develope the all guitars riffs under Giga format, controlled all by midi, like made Korg, Audya and so on.
Give only one small issue on Linuxsampler for make this all guitars working right...include on the engine the Elastique and then we can also change the BPM in realtime.
In future I wil make, but the first big work now here is to release the new qranger 5.0 with VST/Plugins integrated, same way as qtractor
( we have to remove the backgroud engine that work without interface)
Slow slow...

#311111 - 06/03/10 01:21 PM Re: Guitar mode
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
I don't think real guitar VST works the same as Korg's guitar mode...

But real guitar will very much function for when someone wants to play guitar in addition to a style/song/mp3.

James, do you know if Korg's PA2X guitars are jst a normal instrument that works kind of like a Yamaha Megavoice... but then with things like strums on a part of the keyboard and single notes somewhere else?

Bachus I JUST gave you the answer. I also owned a PA2xPro, and a Roland G70 so I do know what I am talking about!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online