SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#311001 - 05/24/10 09:16 AM LIONTRACKS! What can they give and what others wont?!
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
After reading almost every post on LTMS one can certainly see that NO OTHER COMPANY
offers what they do. And i repeat NO OTHER and we dont have to start bringing names up
since we all know they cant. I dont know much about YAMAHA and ROLAND forums, i visit
once in a while and i am active on MOTIFATOR, Ketron i already know what can they offer
...one question takes 4 months to be answered and that is probably by a nonofficial Ketron
member. On the other hand you have answers from LT MS that goe like this:

1. Oh, you dont like that Desktop vew? We change it for you.
2. Well here is the code, make it the way you want.
3. Yes, i will send you the files today.
4. Ok then, i change it for you.
5. Gimme 2 weeks to test and i make a whole NEW OS.

...e tc...
And those are always responses coming from the OWNER and FOUNDER of the
Company itself...can you imagine Mr Kato responding to us? Yes yes, i know that is a
big company and he has no bussines doing that...but just to make a point. And this is
not for me to gain Points with Domenico, i dont care who he is or what he does but i've
been just honest how things really are...even though a lot of us do not appreciate that
and still live in the Civil War with Banjos and Violins (which i have nothing against and i
wish i played one of those, life would be a lot easier and maybe more fun).

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 05-24-2010).]

#311002 - 05/24/10 09:43 AM Re: LIONTRACKS! What can they give and what others wont?!
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Yes, and the “anything is possible” attitude is certainly quite a refreshing change.
It's a different way of thinking for sure and I hope Lionstracs are rewarded with success for their approach.

Regards
James

#311003 - 05/24/10 09:55 AM Re: LIONTRACKS! What can they give and what others wont?!
Bachus Offline

I just hope that Dom and Lionstracs can keep up this attitude when they start selling larger numbers of their instruments.

Only then will people like James and other enthousiasts be willing to add to the development of this instrument. I hope they keep up the true Linux feeling, and challenge all users to take part in the development, with little programs, great styles, or just good and fresh ideas.

Its an open attitude thats needed to make an open system succesfull.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#311004 - 05/24/10 12:23 PM Re: LIONTRACKS! What can they give and what others wont?!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
After reading almost every post on LTMS one can certainly see that NO OTHER COMPANY
offers what they do. And i repeat NO OTHER and we dont have to start bringing names up
since we all know they cant. I dont know much about YAMAHA and ROLAND forums, i visit
once in a while and i am active on MOTIFATOR, Ketron i already know what can they offer
...one question takes 4 months to be answered and that is probably by a nonofficial Ketron
member. On the other hand you have answers from LT MS that goe like this:

1. Oh, you dont like that Desktop vew? We change it for you.
2. Well here is the code, make it the way you want.
3. Yes, i will send you the files today.
4. Ok then, i change it for you.
5. Gimme 2 weeks to test and i make a whole NEW OS.

...e tc...
And those are always responses coming from the OWNER and FOUNDER of the
Company itself...can you imagine Mr Kato responding to us? Yes yes, i know that is a
big company and he has no bussines doing that...but just to make a point. And this is
not for me to gain Points with Domenico, i dont care who he is or what he does but i've
been just honest how things really are...even though a lot of us do not appreciate that
and still live in the Civil War with Banjos and Violins (which i have nothing against and i
wish i played one of those, life would be a lot easier and maybe more fun).

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 05-24-2010).]

Yes a BIG +1 from me on your post Nedim..

Dennis

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online