SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#310798 - 05/16/10 07:29 AM Two Issues with 4.2
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Domenico.
Just putting this here because it's going to get lost in the thread it where I found the problems.

1: With the changes you made to Linux Sampler you forgot to add a value of 1 to everything Linux sampler sees in the LSCP file. For example, 0 0 0 is program 1 and not program 0 as Linux Sampler now sees the sound. As a result of this, every single GM sound is now in the wrong place.

2: There is a mistake in the LSCP file. There's no “MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 103 GIG” sound at all even listed.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-16-2010).]

#310799 - 05/16/10 07:54 AM Re: Two Issues with 4.2
Irishacts Offline

Hi Guys.

If you replace your existing LSCP file with this one CLICK HERE this will get your GM bank working correctly again and patch the missing sound.

Regards
James

#310800 - 05/16/10 09:46 AM Re: Two Issues with 4.2
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi Guys.

If you replace your existing LSCP file with this one CLICK HERE this will get your GM bank working correctly again and patch the missing sound.

Regards
James

thanks James

#310801 - 05/16/10 12:15 PM Re: Two Issues with 4.2
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Thanks James..I was trying a few style edits last night and I thought some sounds were not quite right..

I thought it was just me making an error in loading the sound...

Cheers
Dennis

#310802 - 05/17/10 01:19 PM Re: Two Issues with 4.2
Irishacts Offline

A little update.

Just imported the Lionstracs main GM bank into my program and ran a scan on it for errors. There are 76 giga files in the folder that are not even referenced in the LSCP file, and there are some sounds in the LSCP file that are referenced, but there are no giga files for them. Some sounds are even listed twice in the same program slots.

It would take ages to sort out all this by hand so I'm writing a script that will rename every file in the library and sort it all out.

Domencio, I'd highly recommend replacing your GM library with what my script ends up generating. It's going to be smaller in size too as old files that are not even in use are cut away.

Regards
James

#310803 - 05/17/10 01:54 PM Re: Two Issues with 4.2
AFG Music Offline

great and nice work James

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 05-17-2010).]

#310804 - 05/17/10 02:05 PM Re: Two Issues with 4.2
miden Offline

Quote:
A little update.

Just imported the Lionstracs main GM bank into my program and ran a scan on it for errors. There are 76 giga files in the folder that are not even referenced in the LSCP file, and there are some sounds in the LSCP file that are referenced, but there are no giga files for them. Some sounds are even listed twice in the same program slots.

It would take ages to sort out all this by hand so I'm writing a script that will rename every file in the library and sort it all out.

Domencio, I'd highly recommend replacing your GM library with what my script ends up generating. It's going to be smaller in size too as old files that are not even in use are cut away.

Regards
James

Thanks James, also will the script also remove the patches with no sounds assoicated, or simply mark them as remapped or similar?

Dennis

#310805 - 05/17/10 02:15 PM Re: Two Issues with 4.2
miden Offline

As a different issue with 4.2, I have spent the last two days trying to get the LiveArranger engine to work properly...

When I try to run it, it keeps opening several desktops with each panel on a different desktop, so I ahve to try and close it (which takes some time, and sometimes a full reboot) when I try to load styles it just freezes the program and the MS.

Although WHERE the styles are supposed to come from I dont know, as the Website makes no mention of what styles Liver Arranger is accessing.

And it would be nice if LiveArranger could run WITHOUT the MS styles workscreen behind it. Makes it very confusing to work with.

I know Dom has been away in Bologna for a festival so maybe he will be back live today??

Dennis

#310806 - 05/17/10 03:41 PM Re: Two Issues with 4.2
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Thanks James, also will the script also remove the patches with no sounds assoicated, or simply mark them as remapped or similar?

Dennis

Hi Dennis.

It does a number of things.

It reads the LSCP file and checks to see if the actual giga files the LSCP file is referencing exist. If they do it then starts to rewrite the LSCP file and it renames all working samples. It gives them very organised names that makes it easy to know what your working with even if your just looking at the raw file names.

If there is no file found but it's referenced in the LSCP, the script removes the line of code from the LSCP file.

If it finds files that are not in the LSCP file, it moves those files to a different directory so I can review them and decide if they are worth actually putting into the LSCP file.

Regards
James

#310807 - 05/17/10 03:52 PM Re: Two Issues with 4.2
miden Offline

Quote:
Hi Dennis.

It does a number of things.

It reads the LSCP file and checks to see if the actual giga files the LSCP file is referencing exist. If they do it then starts to rewrite the LSCP file and it renames all working samples. It gives them very organised names that makes it easy to know what your working with even if your just looking at the raw file names.

If there is no file found but it's referenced in the LSCP, the script removes the line of code from the LSCP file.

If it finds files that are not in the LSCP file, it moves those files to a different directory so I can review them and decide if they are worth actually putting into the LSCP file.

Regards
James

Thats wonderful James...You really know your stuff my friend

And this is making it so SO much easier for us "programming challenged" folk

Definitely several pints of Guiness in this one m8!! Or a dram or two of a nice 20yo single malt perhaps

Hey, did you get your soundcard issue (headphones) sorted?

Dennis

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online