Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#310789 - 05/15/10 06:35 AM Re: for LSCP, what needs to be copied
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Domenico.

Quote:
The LSCP MS-02-instruments insode the Gigalibrary folder is ONLY a backup file, the system will load ONLY the LSCP from the Preset folder.

If the system only loads the one in the preset folder, do we still need to copy the file to the GigaLibrary folder also ?

I'm only asking because I need to know as much about the system as possible because soon my program will be able to upload directly from any PC straight to the Mediastation and the end user won't have to copy any files. Not even a single giga file. My program will manage everything from the end users PC, it will create all the necessary files, folders and move all the data itself.

Quote:
About the gigalibrary under copy mode, I don't know too, but seem that when we just COPY the gigalibrary folder some will be not copied OR some files will be renamed/changed..no idea.

Yes, that's to do with the file names containing unsupported characters. I've seen this many times before when transferring data across servers. Path's would get messed up and the only way to retain the formatting was to use WinRAR as that can some how unpack data exactly has it was compressed even when unsupported characters were used.

Regards
James

#310790 - 05/15/10 07:28 AM Re: for LSCP, what needs to be copied
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi Domenico.

Yes, that's to do with the file names containing unsupported characters. I've seen this many times before when transferring data across servers. Path's would get messed up and the only way to retain the formatting was to use WinRAR as that can some how unpack data exactly has it was compressed even when unsupported characters were used.

Regards
James

i use this program becouse it has a good lossless compression. i use lossless compression in 7-zip format. http://www.7-zip.org/
it will be great if Domenico use linux version of 7-zip in new ISO.

7-zip is open source software and you can use for WIN/LINUX/UNIX

so, You don't need to register or pay for 7-Zip .

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 05-15-2010).]

#310791 - 05/15/10 01:26 PM Re: for LSCP, what needs to be copied
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yes , I too have noticed files not getting transferred.

In my case they are all unpacked, and on a USB hard drive.

When I do a bulk transfer, ie, all the folders at once, some gig files get transferred and others only get teh fodler transferred. If I transfer one folder at a time, it all works fine. This is not MS software, but Linux I reckon, and the Dolphin program.

Dennis

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online