SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#310714 - 05/12/10 03:22 PM My YouTube video using the MS
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
This is what I usually do with my keyboards. Always playing spontaneously and live. The Vsts are controlled from the upper keyboard, while the Giga sounds from the MS's keyboard itself. All the keyboards are connected to the MS via Usb where I can link them as I wish using the Jack.
I only want to show you how I use the MS and how it can be the main controller in the studio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94ahHCszEwc

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#310715 - 05/12/10 03:52 PM Re: My YouTube video using the MS
AFG Music Offline

great demo. i think from O.S 3.3 you most do this on alsa tab on qjack connection screen,

#310716 - 05/12/10 11:47 PM Re: My YouTube video using the MS
Bachus Offline

Great demo... Great music... and you abviously enjoyed playing it.

Where was the drums comming from, wasn't mediastation was it?

You have a lot of gear there besides the mediastation, isn't the mediastation supposed to remove all other gear from your set-up. Well as you obviously play at your studio and don't have to move your set-up it prolly doesn't matter...

What other gear is in your set-up besides mediastation? I bet we could only see a little bit of it.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#310717 - 05/13/10 10:03 AM Re: My YouTube video using the MS
vagro Offline

Thanks AFG and Bachus.

Bachus the drums are from the Psr s900 and the Pa 500. The Psr's drums/percusion channels are played by both arrangers, sometimes when the Psr drum kit is not compatible with the Korg GM kit I mute it (ie Brush Kit)
You can see most of my gear there: Psr s900, Korg Pa500, Korg Tr, Korg NanoKontrol, Mediastation, M-Audio controller keyboard (lower manual) and you can't see the Roland Pk 5 pedalboard and two volume and four sustain pedals All my gear is very amateurish or, let's put it this way, very MOTL including the MS which has a previous OS and hardware. However it's much more than I need for the time I have available for this hobby I love so much.
And yes, the Mediastation could replace many of my gears but would be very hard to program for me. And remember, I need two/three manuals because I love organs and also Yamaha and Korg arrangers and need everything out of the box to sit and play happily one hour a day.

[This message has been edited by vagro (edited 05-13-2010).]

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#310718 - 05/13/10 10:05 AM Re: My YouTube video using the MS
vagro Offline

Sorry double post

[This message has been edited by vagro (edited 05-13-2010).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online