SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#310535 - 05/05/10 06:36 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Guys.

CLICK HERE to download an update patch. 130KB download.

To apply the update.....
1: Launch LSCP Gen.
2: Click on File.
3: Click on Update Database and select the patch you just downloaded.
4: Click Open to load the patch.
5: Click Yes to apply the patch.

Your now running on ver 0.91

Changes made.....
1: The Volume 0 to 127 is still displayed but the program now outputs in decimal format to the LSCP file as required by Linuxsampler.

2: Added the ability to select different sounds in Giga Library files. If your giga file only has one sound in it, please select 0 as the default option .

Finally, if you have started to add your own sounds to the program please select each sound and change the volume to a different setting and then back to your original setting. This will refresh your files and get them to output in decimal format as they predate the patch.

Regards
James

#310536 - 05/05/10 06:41 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Thanks James...Quick work!!!

Well done!

Dennis

#310537 - 05/06/10 03:14 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

A couple of things...It would be nice if the top line data under LSCP was constant, ie it stayed the same when selecting to create a new patch. That way the user can just change the fields as they apply...

Also if the path can remain constant (unless changed)...Saves going through pages when I think usually the user will be sourcing most of the time from one giga folder.

Thats so far James....still working with it

Dennis

#310538 - 05/06/10 04:33 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Hi Dennis.

Quote:
A couple of things...It would be nice if the top line data under LSCP was constant, ie it stayed the same when selecting to create a new patch. That way the user can just change the fields as they apply...

Yes good idea. I'll add a mouse right click option that allows you to “Set as Default” the current state of the display.

So if you create a new patch and set everything as you want, just right click and click on “Set as Default” and every new patch created from that point onwards will retain the settings you took a snap shot of.

Quote:
Also if the path can remain constant (unless changed)...Saves going through pages when I think usually the user will be sourcing most of the time from one giga folder.

I'm a little confused as to what you mean here. You never have to navigate to the same folder twice as it stands right now? If you launch the program and add a new patch, you have to navigate to the folder where your giga files are. You only ever need to do this once per session using the program.

Add a second patch and it should jump directly to the folder where you pulled the last file in from.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-06-2010).]

#310539 - 05/06/10 04:59 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

Indeed when I OPEN the program it defaults to the disk location last used, but when I click "add patch" it changes to "Not Set" and asks me to re-enter the path to giga file. And does this for each subsequent "add patch"..

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 05-06-2010).]

#310540 - 05/06/10 06:19 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Hi Dennis.

Quote:
but when I click "add patch" it changes to "Not Set" and asks me to re-enter the path to giga file.

Sure, but you must tell the program what file your working on for each patch you create. Without this it cannot tell the Mediastation / Groove what files to load.

Or am I misunderstanding you here ?

Regards
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-06-2010).]

#310541 - 05/06/10 08:19 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

I think you may be misunderstanding me

All the giga sample files are in the one folder on my hard drive.

When I select "add patch" for the first new patch I enter the path to the file. d:\media station resources\giga file\library

all fine...enter all my details for the patch, save it, then click on "add patch" for the second patch I want to do.

Instead of the path just coming up by default as I have already entered the desired hdd location and folder for the previous patch, I have to re-enter the full path again to load the next giga file which is in the SAME directory/folder as the previous one.

Dennis

#310542 - 05/07/10 03:29 AM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Hi Dennis.

Quote:
I think you may be misunderstanding me

he..he.. Not to worry, I'm sure to have a “Light Bulb” moment at any point.

Quote:
When I select "add patch" for the first new patch I enter the path to the file. d:\media station resources\giga file\library

That's not a working path though and the progarm won't generate something like that. Are you typing in formation or something ?

A working path will include the actual file and the progarm will generate this from just selecting the file. A path should look like this for example.

d:\media station resources\giga file\library\piano.gig

Quote:
Instead of the path just coming up by default as I have already entered the desired hdd location and folder for the previous patch, I have to re-enter the full path again to load the next giga file which is in the SAME directory/folder as the previous one.

Hmmm this doesn't sound right. I have a feeling your typing information into the program rather than pressing the Browse button which will return you every time to the last folder you opened.

Have a quick look at this new video for example. http://www.irishacts.com/lionstracs/lscp-q1.htm

Are you doing something different than me, or am I just totally off the mark here altogether.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-07-2010).]

#310543 - 05/07/10 12:54 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

Ahh, using the browse button, that then loads the last folder...

It ws ME who was misunderstanding....

All good. I was expecting the last file path to automatically come up, rather than click on browse. No matter its no problem to click browse.

By the way that IS the file path, I just shortened it for the point of the example...

In my case the full path is D:\MEDIA STATION RESOURCES\GigaLibrary\GIGAT2\GUITAR\Campfire Gtr.gig

Thanks James.....So its just the original request then about holding the data in the boxes under the LSCP

Dennis

#310544 - 05/08/10 01:18 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Hi Dennis.

Cool.... phew,

I've just added that right click / set as default option so I'll issue an update patch soon. Just need to fine tune a few other little things first.

Regards
James.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online