SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#310485 - 05/03/10 01:59 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Good work Dom,

Is that to be in OS 4.2? Or as an incremental RAR upgrade?

Not being a programmer I am looking forward to James' new software librarian/editor. Your work in this is making huge moves towards making the MS/Groove so easy to use and operate.

Good Stuff!!

Dennis

#310486 - 05/03/10 02:04 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Before 64studio will burn the new ISO 4.2, I continue make OS upgrade..or prefer that i make some pause and wait?
tomorrow I release again one current binary folder that you there can test and enjoy too.

#310487 - 05/03/10 02:17 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

Terrific Thats great news again Dom...

Thanks.

By the way, the new OS from 4 up is beautiful!!

Way better imagery, speed and ease of operation. As you know my last OS was 3.1. OS 4 is a HUGE development, even Diki could figure it out

Dennis

#310488 - 05/03/10 02:40 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
when we have this update: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=150574
and this OS: http://www.kubuntu.org/
then we are all happy.
xorg 1.8 is for the multiple display outs!

#310489 - 05/03/10 02:48 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

Wow! so its in testing now!! Cool won't be long

Also looking at the 10.4 almost makes one want to give up windows altogether....

If I could sell all my Sonar software I would be seriously tempted....

Thanks for the links Dom...the good news keeps coming

Dennis

#310490 - 05/03/10 05:20 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Domenico and friends.
Got a new screen shot for you and an update.

1: Reworked GUI so display is cleaner and more efficient.
2: Added ability to set Sound Volume.
3: Added ability to create new folders to store and manage more than one library of sounds in a single database.
4: BIG update......Added full Drag & Drop function that allows you to drag and drop sounds from other libraries into each other.

For example...... By default a standard GM Bank uses variation 0 and programs 1 to 128. This leaves you with variation 1 to 127 X times the number of program sounds to assign additional sounds to your default GM bank without effecting the working order and function of the GM bank. In short you can merge any library you want through drag and drop with the GM bank without effecting it's function.

5: Too many bug fixes to mention but at this point the program is rock solid and super stable.

As soon as I write the code that gets the program to generate a 100% working LSCP file I'll issue the first beta so you guys can all take it for a test drive.

Phew.... Won't be long.

Kind Regards
James.

#310491 - 05/03/10 05:36 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

All I can say James is WOW!!!!

This is great, no, awesome work!!! And it will be well appreciated I am 100% certain.

You are certainly going to help us non-programmers navigate through the MS in a major way...

As I said I am happy to beta test for you. I might not be much good at programming, but I certainly know how to put a program throught its paces

Dennis

#310492 - 05/03/10 05:39 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

Just one thing I would mention, the actual MIDI standard defines it as 0-127. For all numbering.

Probably won't make any difference, and I assume you already knew that, but I thought I would mention it

Not trying to teach a granny how to suck eggs, if you get my meaning

D

#310493 - 05/03/10 05:54 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Dennis.

Thanks mate. Comments like that make the amount of effort it takes to write stuff like this worthwhile.

Quote:
As I said I am happy to beta test for you. I might not be much good at programming, but I certainly know how to put a program throught its paces

That's all any programmer could ask. A good beta tester is priceless.

Quote:
Just one thing I would mention, the actual MIDI standard defines it as 0-127. For all numbering.

From what I gather, and correct me if I'm wrong here because this is not every day programming for me. There's a -1 vale that needs to be written into all code when dealing with GM.

The Program change values are from 0 – 127, but the standard program names are from 1 to 128. So for example if you wanted Piano 1, that's called program 1, but the actual Program Change value is 0.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_MIDI

Do you agree with that ?

Cheers
James

#310494 - 05/03/10 06:00 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi Dennis.

Thanks mate. Comments like that make the amount of effort it takes to write stuff like this worthwhile.

From what I gather, and correct me if I'm wrong here because this is not every day programming for me. There's a -1 vale that needs to be written into all code when dealing with GM.

The Program change values are from 0 – 127, but the standard program names are from 1 to 128. So for example if you wanted Piano 1, that's called program 1, but the actual Program Change value is 0.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_MIDI

Do you agree with that ?

Cheers
James

yes,becouse you most have 0 in computer programimming and "0" is programchange for drums to as you know

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 05-03-2010).]

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online