SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#310356 - 03/30/10 12:24 PM Mediastation help please !
Gerdhein Offline

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Hi all,
Because the company Lionstracs does not react e-mails and fax plus a few phone call attempts, I ask you for your help, because I have not experienced such a thing yet.
I have received at the same time like James media Station B-Stock MS 76.
The system did not function from the outset properly and to exclude all mistakes I have extinguished the hard disk completely. Then I have struck up from the provided CD the OS 4.0 REV 1841. Whether on this CD this operating system is also, I cannot check.
After I play again the operating system software, the following errors are reproducible:
1. The VST-Host ASIO for the Stand-Alone uses with file ending (***.exe) from 1-8 functions and can be loaded.
2. However, the VST-Host ASIO for other uses VST cannot be loaded (**.dll). Of the software Badge F4=VST.dll file EDIT for the VST-Host ASIO does not exist on the screen.
3. The volume pedal is not functioning.
4. In constant light keyboard poster the keyboard generates occasionally tones with maximum volume. This can be prevented into which I put in the set up a curve. I must do this, nevertheless, after every new start again.
5. The keyboard not always reacted to settings in the set up for aftertouch etc.
6. To complete again the software, I wanted to download the suitable files from the homepage of Lionstracs. The description on the homepage says that this should be possible, otherwise I would not have extinguished the hard disk. Nevertheless, this does not go. The Gftp server requires a password which I do not have. Because Lionstracs does not answer, I cannot load possible topical functioning company software and other files down.

It would be nice if you could help me, because I do not know any more what I can do.
Kind regards
Gerd
PS. I made an apprenticeship as an electrician and studied electrical engineering at the university.
I had an own company as a cocompanion and know how difficult development and customer care can be.
So I am careful in the judgement whether a device mistake or operating error is given.

#310357 - 03/30/10 01:15 PM Re: Mediastation help please !
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerdhein:
Hi all,
Because the company Lionstracs does not react e-mails and fax plus a few phone call attempts, I ask you for your help, because I have not experienced such a thing yet.
The system did not function from the outset properly and to exclude all mistakes I have extinguished the hard disk completely. Then I have struck up from the provided CD the OS 4.0 REV 1841. Whether on this CD this operating system is also, I cannot check.
After I play again the operating system software, the following errors are reproducible:
1. The VST-Host ASIO for the Stand-Alone uses with file ending (***.exe) from 1-8 functions and can be loaded.
2. However, the VST-Host ASIO for other uses VST cannot be loaded (**.dll). Of the software Badge F4=VST.dll file EDIT for the VST-Host ASIO does not exist on the screen.
4. In constant light keyboard poster the keyboard generates occasionally tones with maximum volume. This can be prevented into which I put in the set up a curve. I must do this, nevertheless, after every new start again.
5. The keyboard not always reacted to settings in the set up for aftertouch etc.
6. To complete again the software, I wanted to download the suitable files from the homepage of Lionstracs. The description on the homepage says that this should be possible, otherwise I would not have extinguished the hard disk. Nevertheless, this does not go. The Gftp server requires a password which I do not have. Because Lionstracs does not answer, I cannot load possible topical functioning company software and other files down.

It would be nice if you could help me, because I do not know any more what I can do.
Kind regards
Gerd
PS. I made an apprenticeship as an electrician and studied electrical engineering at the university.
I had an own company as a cocompanion and know how difficult development and customer care can be.
So I am careful in the judgement whether a device mistake or operating error is given.

did you format your harddrive?
did you made backup before formating harddrive?

did you insert .wine folder to home folder,after totally fresh instalation?

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-30-2010).]

#310358 - 03/30/10 01:24 PM Re: Mediastation help please !
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Hi all,

Kind regards
Gerd

Did you post this on the Lionstracs Forums?

I know Dom is answering all kinds of questions overhtere..... If you want to get answers thats the place to be...

Are you sure you have the right E-mail adres and phone number?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#310359 - 03/30/10 01:36 PM Re: Mediastation help please !
AFG Music Offline

write please step by step what you did.

#310360 - 03/31/10 03:32 AM Re: Mediastation help please !
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Tipical disaster after formatting..
you have to install the basic library that I gave you on DVD, without gigasoundbank V4 and wine backup, can NOt work! http://www.lionstracs.com/store/lionstracs-os-40-p-242.html
look the youtube video demo how to install the debian sound package: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lktsOuH9czM

#310361 - 03/31/10 11:05 AM Re: Mediastation help please !
Gerdhein Offline

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Hello Bachus, music AFG and Domenico,
many thanks for your quick answer.

I am glad to hear from you. It would be great if it was so easy.

The basic library on the DVD, with gigasoundbank V4 and wine backup was installed according to the rules exactly after your videoinstructions several times.
The functions which you call then in your video after the installation and bring forward also function with me. It is not about these functions here also.

I have repeated the installation process after videoinstructions several times to exclude accidental and operating errors as good as possible.
The mistakes described by me still appear.

Now, therefore, once more my question to you Domenico: How shall it go on now.

HP: I am extremely inspired by the media station even with the present and hopefully remediable mistakes . Such an instrument I always wanted to have. An open system with which one can exhaust the possibilities technical currently on the whole.
I would have built earlier myself such a thing, however, knows around the malices and the suitable construction expenditure up to the ready to go into mass production which can be enormously high.
This time I did not have. Accordingly I appreciate your work and estimated what you have performed up to now.
Kind regards
Gerd

#310362 - 03/31/10 12:24 PM Re: Mediastation help please !
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Hello Bachus, music AFG and Domenico,
many thanks for your quick answer.

I am glad to hear from you. It would be great if it was so easy.

The basic library on the DVD, with gigasoundbank V4 and wine backup was installed according to the rules exactly after your videoinstructions several times.
The functions which you call then in your video after the installation and bring forward also function with me. It is not about these functions here also.

I have repeated the installation process after videoinstructions several times to exclude accidental and operating errors as good as possible.
The mistakes described by me still appear.

Now, therefore, once more my question to you Domenico: How shall it go on now.

HP: I am extremely inspired by the media station even with the present and hopefully remediable mistakes . Such an instrument I always wanted to have. An open system with which one can exhaust the possibilities technical currently on the whole.
I would have built earlier myself such a thing, however, knows around the malices and the suitable construction expenditure up to the ready to go into mass production which can be enormously high.
This time I did not have. Accordingly I appreciate your work and estimated what you have performed up to now.
Kind regards
Gerd

you mean when press asio 1=VST asio2=VST asio3=no VST asio4=no VST asio5=no VST asio6=no VST asio7=no VST asio8= no VST

is that what you mean, you can run VST host but you can not see and use VST on the VST host.

please write step by step, so MS users can help you.

#310363 - 03/31/10 01:23 PM Re: Mediastation help please !
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:

Which is what it's supposed to do.

Quote:

In VSTHOST you must select “File”, and then “New Plugin”, and then select your DLL and it will open.

Quote:

I haven't connected a volume pedal to the keyboard myself yet, only a damper pedal so I can't help you on that one.

Quote:

This is a bug in the keyboard. Every time you boot up you must load a velocity curve. If you don't you will have those random spikes in velocity.

This has been reported as an issue as the keyboard is not even loading the default settings on bootup.

Quote:

Again, load your own settings on bootup each time. This is part of the same bug that's in the velocity curve, which is also in the effects engine.

Quote:

What are you missing ?
All you need is the ISO image for the OS, the GS/GM Rar file, and the Wine RAR file.

Getting the Mediastation up and running is no problem at all. I fully formatted my machine too when I was upgrading it to OS 4.1 and no problems here providing you unzip the GS/GM and Winr RAR files to the correct directories after the OS upgrade has completed.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 03-31-2010).]

#310364 - 03/31/10 01:52 PM Re: Mediastation help please !
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
What are you missing ?
All you need is the ISO image for the OS, the GS/GM Rar file, and the Wine RAR file.

Getting the Mediastation up and running is no problem at all. I fully formatted my machine too when I was upgrading it to OS 4.1 and no problems here providing you unzip the GS/GM and Winr RAR files to the correct directories after the OS upgrade has completed.

Regards
James

yes James, i think also he do not know how to load the .dll plugin file

#310365 - 03/31/10 08:55 PM Re: Mediastation help please !
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
yes James, i think also he do not know how to load the .dll plugin file

Shouldn't that information be in the manual?

OR should Gerdhein have read the manual first, before posting here?

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online