SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 27 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 26 27 >
Topic Options
#310169 - 03/20/10 11:49 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Go fight your war somewhere else and first check the lionstracs website.. before demanding appologies that are not in place.. those are my last words on this subject as not to derail this thread.

James is doing some great things here and providing the information everyone asked for, step by step.. just discuss the information James provides and this will be a great thread...

Sending James a mediastation might be the best investment dom ever did

I was not the one who derailed it, nor accused anyone of not doing research. Rather it was you who did nto research and you who accused.

Then you hide behind "I am not derailing the thread" and "thats my last word" . What great integrity and character you have.

And to those hinting that previous buyers should not have bought, well back then there was nothing around, apart from website hype, misinformation and scant few decent demos.

I was not really expecting any sign from you admitting you are wrong any time soon, and you silly reply confirms it.

We are done.

#310170 - 03/20/10 11:52 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Dom, i don't want to be rude...

But exactly those demo's and that demonstrator are a huge part of the reason your products did not get the attention and critics they deserve...

I'd remove all those old demo's with that demonstrator from the internet, in the end they can only hurt the brandname Lionstracs.

I'm agree with you. When I saw demo videos with that demonstrator, i totally did not want to have a MS. but by talking to domenicco via email, I have seen that I can trust him,and I trusted what I read. that demo player is a famous organist in Germany, but he does not explain. He starts with an organ sound and keeps going with playing. The demos that domenico created self looks much better.For example multiple ASIO and .........I have no regrets.

James,play and explain the keyboard options as manual as you see working in practice
anyway James is a good player. and he speaks good English with a beautiful Irish accent.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-20-2010).]

#310171 - 03/20/10 12:05 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
I was not the one who derailed it, nor accused anyone of not doing research. Rather it was you who did nto research and you who accused.

Then you hide behind "I am not derailing the thread" and "thats my last word" . What great integrity and character you have.

And to those hinting that previous buyers should not have bought, well back then there was nothing around, apart from website hype, misinformation and scant few decent demos.

I was not really expecting any sign from you admitting you are wrong any time soon, and you silly reply confirms it.

We are done.

Miden maybe you have sold the MS to quickly,

In each case I had asked if we might give domenico some time to finish the O.S. I even said, if you have a different arranger, the MS is a good addition, if you think MS styles not good enough.

#310172 - 03/20/10 12:05 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

delete

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-20-2010).]

#310173 - 03/20/10 12:24 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
miden Offline

Loc: The World
AFG, that was not directed at you

I got tired of waiting for even the smallest of fixes for the several bugs on the MS OS 3. I could not even get the bug that crashed the MP3 (internal) player fixed. To be honest had only JUST that one been done, and the performance setup bug sorted, I would have kept it.

I got tired of empty promises to fix. Nothing ever happened so in the end I gave up in exasperation.

The arranger side was never really a big thing with me. Yes it was very flaky, but I was happy enough to not use it live. It would not have worked live anyway. Back then the arranger section (even using LS) was not "live-friendly"

Dennis

#310174 - 03/20/10 12:59 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
As a MS owner I want to say the following:
1) Thanks James for trying the new OS 4 (4.1). I need to know if, in this newer OS, most bugs were repaired. I decided not to spend a penny on this keyboard until I know as a fact that the system is finally stable. You all should know that for older owners upgrading the MS is not for free: OS 4/4.1= 190 euros; new PCI Express VGA LVDS= 130 euros; plus new motherboard, micro and RAM (prices vary according the country). For me more than Us$ 650. For sure this will have to be done regularly (every 1 or 2 years). Unfortunately those who bought the MS while it was in an “experimental” stage are forced to spend that money to “upgrade” the unit. Not fair (yes, I know, I had a special discount for mine)
2) I am not impressed by the demos yet. Excellent sound but that’s expected from any VST or Giga sound.
3) There is a longer learning curve in open keyboards and you never stop learning. Some people faster some people slower BUT you ALWAYS make mistakes and the keyboard is not supposed to crash easily. James, please tell us how many times you had to reboot the MS so far.
4) A last opinion. As an arranger I think the regular user will NEVER succeed to create a better style than the big brands unless you bring to your studio the Yamaha/Roland/Korg team. Tell me how to recreate or program the Mega voices or Korg guitar voices.

Remember I play for fun and my mother language is not English so be polite if you don’t agree.

Victor

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#310175 - 03/20/10 01:37 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by vagro:
As a MS owner I want to say the following:
1) Thanks James for trying the new OS 4 (4.1). I need to know if, in this newer OS, most bugs were repaired. I decided not to spend a penny on this keyboard until I know as a fact that the system is finally stable. You all should know that for older owners upgrading the MS is not for free: OS 4/4.1= 190 euros; new PCI Express VGA LVDS= 130 euros; plus new motherboard, micro and RAM (prices vary according the country). For me more than Us$ 650. For sure this will have to be done regularly (every 1 or 2 years). Unfortunately those who bought the MS while it was in an “experimental” stage are forced to spend that money to “upgrade” the unit. Not fair (yes, I know, I had a special discount for mine)
2) I am not impressed by the demos yet. Excellent sound but that’s expected from any VST or Giga sound.
3) There is a longer learning curve in open keyboards and you never stop learning. Some people faster some people slower BUT you ALWAYS make mistakes and the keyboard is not supposed to crash easily. James, please tell us how many times you had to reboot the MS so far.
4) A last opinion. As an arranger I think the regular user will NEVER succeed to create a better style than the big brands unless you bring to your studio the Yamaha/Roland/Korg team. Tell me how to recreate or program the Mega voices or Korg guitar voices.

Remember I play for fun and my mother language is not English so be polite if you don’t agree.

Victor

Victor,

Your English is perfect, when I looked at the demos of MS I stopped looking at the MS, but I can see the sense in buying a MS, but lock ups and crashing no thanks Audya had enough of that. People need to know before they buy and I am sure James will tell us all if his KB locks up and he needs to reboot. I was thinking of buying one but you have frightened me off for a while I don't think there are many MS out there yet perhaps a lot lot less than Audya, I think all these Italian KB designers were trained at the same place , crashes and lock ups, updates after the KB released, all sounds the same to me. If you are going to sell KB in numbers you need a good demonstrator, Yamaha have the best and lots of them, they make their KB sound great? Some of the Youtube of Ketron Portugal player who just walk in off the street to play the Audya are good too, I don’t know what Dom was thinking of letting that guy in the shorts play his KB, he wasn’t thinking of increasing sales with it. Victor if you have told the truth there is nothing wrong with that, this is what SZ is all about, if someone asked my advice about buying an Audya I would say wait until it is finished, now that could be never, perhaps you would say the same about MS. Please tell us all you know good and bad, the MS does look good topside, it looks hellishly messy wiring inside and there’s a lot of PCB, plug sockets and connections to go wrong.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-20-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#310176 - 03/20/10 02:37 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
My MS with 4.0...does not crash or lock up...The only time I needed to reboot was the first time after installing 4.0...Now if I can get some sound out of LiveStyler...I would be a happier camper..

Dom , I would not worry about the suggestions from those telling you to rid the on line demos....those opinions are coming from people with less than stellar successes with their own keyboards...Maybe they should have payed more attention to directions to update their own OS..

You should continue to do things your way...of course if you get time to figure out what I am doing wrong with LS on the MS...

#310177 - 03/20/10 04:37 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
I've never had an issue with the Mediastation crashing. I did have a lockup a few times but that was with a very early OS when I was running multiple VST's in conjunction with lots of FX. I was running enough programs and FX to cause any system to crash so I couldn't fault the MS for it. As anyone who uses lots of VST's knows some can be extremely CPU hungry so when loading a new VST you never know just how power hungry its going to be until your actually using it.

FWIW... I've had more crashes and lockups from my Yamaha 9000 Pro than I've had with all except my early Emulator II.

#310178 - 03/20/10 04:48 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by vagro:

So when's the last time you had a Korg, Yamaha, or Roland arranger play back a sound that was equivalent to a Giga sample? I'm not sure how these types of sounds coming out of a Mediastation aren't impressive to you? Considering that the Mediastation is an all in one system that can play back VST's, do synthesis, sampling, multitrack recording, and do much more than that it should be very impressive to most.

James is showing people just how good the Mediastation sounds. I've said it time and time again the Mediastation sounds far better in person than many people on this forum believe. Unfortunately my words have fallen on deaf ears. Even with James doing these fine demos there will be many a naysayer for sure.

Page 9 of 27 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online