SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 27 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 26 27 >
Topic Options
#310149 - 03/19/10 12:21 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
James,

Brilliant, can we see the full KB in your demos, those pipes are incredible, where did you get those from. There’s a few people on SZ gone rather silent James, wonder why and dare I say it it’s half the price of the ……………………. Keep the samples coming, no sleep tonight James and no pubing it!

do you want to buy one MS or Groove?

#310150 - 03/19/10 02:33 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
can someone convert sharpes clips to some other format as i dont have quick time on my computer

VLC mediaplayer is free and play this and most other formats without problem

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#310151 - 03/19/10 02:47 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
VLC mediaplayer is free and play this and most other formats without problem

GJ

I've already given the link for VLC free player for download

#310152 - 03/19/10 04:38 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Bachus.

Quote:
the piano sounds great for a giga sample, but still there are some better sounding piano vst's around. I like truepiano's a lot... the physical modelling adds a lot of body to the piano sound. Nevertheless this might be the best piano sound i ever heard comming from an arranger keyboar

Yeah, I think it goes without saying regardless of what sample library you use it will never best Modelling Technology. Wait until I get to the VSTi parts and start using PianoTeq.

I guess the point really is at this stage though look at what you can do. Giga Files are no problem for the keyboard, the same should be true for Modelling Technology when I get around to testing it.

Quote:
Keep them comming these video's, It feels like finally we will be getting to know the true possibilities of the Mediastation..
Can't wayt till we get to hear some styles playing on Q-ranger or the Live styler...

Will do, and thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
And those pipes sound just totally awesome

Yeah, very expressive and realistic. Have to say I love those sounds.

Regards
James

Hi Domenico

Quote:
awesome videos James, compliment!

Thanks.

Quote:
I just send you the new Live-Arranger V2, copy it on your preset folder and play! Now work really nice!
Is configured to play with the Giga Sounbank GM/GS.

Yep, send you back an email on that.

Quote:
record a new video so you can make happy someone there

Will do.

James.

Hi AFG Music.

Quote:
james, here a free good sample piano from sonart audio site:

Thanks for that. I'll check it out.

Hi Tony.

Quote:
Brilliant, can we see the full KB in your demos, those pipes are incredible.

Thanks.
Yeah, thought people might like to hear some Celtic based sounds as they usually sound terrible on closed keyboards. It's an easy way to show the superiority of Giga files.

Quote:
where did you get those from

Time & Space in the UK. It's an AKAI S1000 format CD called World Winds by Dirk Campbell.

Quote:
There’s a few people on SZ gone rather silent James, wonder why and dare I say it it’s half the price of the

Yeah the reaction has been very different to anything we have seen the in past. Normally we see a little confrontation, but now there's just silence.

Guess I'll take it as a good sign.

Quote:
Keep the samples coming, no sleep tonight James and no pubing it!

Sleep ? What's that
You wouldn't know it to look at me in the video but I'm in bits with a bad cold there. It took a few takes just to do the introduction because I couldn't stop coughing.

Cheers
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 03-19-2010).]

#310153 - 03/19/10 05:42 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
can someone convert sharpes clips to some other format as i dont have quick time on my computer

Hi Spalding

You have mail

Bill

#310154 - 03/19/10 08:10 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
James,
There’s a few people on SZ gone rather silent James, wonder why and dare I say it it’s half the price of the …………………….

The reason is we already know all of this stuff Tony... I had no issues with mine with ANY of the Giga sounds (a doddle) VST sounds ( a bit more tricky) and combis.

All pretty straightforward stuff really.

Its the opertaiional side that let it down for me. Simple things like the MP3 player crashing because the mp3 had tags..Dom never ever got back to me about why that was (that was the built in player, 3rd party players like VLC et al, had no problem), even though I sent him samples.

I assume that has now been fixed, but it still IS the Studio 64 linux distro Lionstracs uses, as far as I can tell. So maybe it is or isn't. A normal mp3 was fine, but onece it had tags , no go!

I am waiting for the more in depth operational aspects, and how solid the udnerlying Linux distro is, just as onle a couple of things. There are more but I am going to wait without saying much.

A trait you may need to learn waiting without saying much..

Dennis

#310155 - 03/19/10 10:23 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Bachus Offline

Quote:

I assume that has now been fixed, but it still IS the Studio 64 linux distro Lionstracs uses, as far as I can tell. So maybe it is or isn't. A normal mp3 was fine, but onece it had tags , no go!
[/B]

Great research there, they have moved away from Studio 64 over a year ago and are now using Kubuntu in MEdiastation and Groove.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#310156 - 03/19/10 10:46 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Great research there, they have moved away from Studio 64 over a year ago and are now using Kubuntu in MEdiastation and Groove.

Right, and who do you think prepares Lionstracs software and provides the ISO packages?

And if you bothered to check the 64 Studio website you would see that Lionstracs is STILL listed as a partner.

Why dont you check YOUR facts. It is Kubuntu on a Studio 64 (or 64 Studio)distro...

64 studio prepare all of Lionstracs
software and provide the ISO packages.

An apology will be welcome anytime

#310157 - 03/19/10 11:13 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
The reason is we already know all of this stuff Tony... I had no issues with mine with ANY of the Giga sounds (a doddle) VST sounds ( a bit more tricky) and combis.

All pretty straightforward stuff really.

Its the opertaiional side that let it down for me. Simple things like the MP3 player crashing because the mp3 had tags..Dom never ever got back to me about why that was (that was the built in player, 3rd party players like VLC et al, had no problem), even though I sent him samples.

I am waiting for the more in depth operational aspects, and how solid the udnerlying Linux distro is, just as onle a couple of things. There are more but I am going to wait without saying much.

A trait you may need to learn waiting without saying much..

Dennis

Miden,

I wasn't meaning you I meant the TOP GUNS were silent.

Cheers Miden
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#310158 - 03/19/10 11:24 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi Bachus.

Sleep ? What's that
You wouldn't know it to look at me in the video but I'm in bits with a bad cold there. It took a few takes just to do the introduction because I couldn't stop coughing.

Cheers
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 03-19-2010).]

James,

You’re a star in the making, tell that camera man to turn off the auto focus, it keeps moving in and out or it the shaky floor, you know James every bit of DVD of the MS is tosh, it’s good to see some good DVD and sound, take Lemsip James with pochine and just get on with it, you’re the salesman now, you taking Italian lessons. Buona fortuna James
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 7 of 27 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online