SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 16 of 27 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27 >
Topic Options
#310239 - 03/23/10 03:58 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Points to note when listening to styles

Be aware that QArranger can use samples and audio loops (Just like Audya) and with no information on the styles presented, we have no indication on which parts are which.
Another point to remember is that all the styles will be European flavoured as this his Tastenpoints main market. (Compare them with the Wersi styles on the same site which are also European flavoured)

#310240 - 03/23/10 04:23 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
err AFG, I THINK you are meant to choose just one

D

no,i I mean 100% if is possible!!!!!!!!!!!!

#310241 - 03/23/10 08:20 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Tony Hughes Offline

Take a look at this WOW, I thought it was from Robo Cop but then realized it was a clip from The Invisible Man. James this video is much more shaky than yours and much less interesting, who would make a video like this , got to be an MS anorak, no wonder I can’t hear it , seen the speakers, never did like golf, spoils a good walk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_dg9_9GNJk&feature=related

Bet the soundtrack was "The Hills are alive with the sound of music" Or "The Great Escape"

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-23-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-23-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#310242 - 03/24/10 07:15 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Information from the Tastenpoint forum posted by Helmut

He has finished the first 10 AUDIO styles for Groove/Mediastation, and should be posting demos on the Tastenpoint site this Friday after he returns from Frankfurt.
NOTE: There is no indication whether the ones posted by Lionstracs are from this set

Hope this information helps

Bill

#310243 - 03/24/10 10:14 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Spalding 4 Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Information from the Tastenpoint forum posted by Helmut

He has finished the first 10 AUDIO styles for Groove/Mediastation, and should be posting demos on the Tastenpoint site this Friday after he returns from Frankfurt.
NOTE: There is no indication whether the ones posted by Lionstracs are from this set

Hope this information helps

Bill

i really hope they were not .......

#310244 - 03/24/10 10:32 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding 4:
i really hope they were not .......

I've been busy so I've not looked at them myself yet, but I will get around to this tonight so I'll report back on them.

Regards
James

#310245 - 03/24/10 11:03 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
And one more Question for James, how is the keybed of your mediastation ?

It's a Fatar keybed that feels quite nice actually. Semi Weighted with a solid feel. No bounce in the middle when you hit the keys hard. At no point does it feel floppy at all.

The velocity curve of the keys is also fully adjustable from the Lionstracs OS. You can actually draw your own curve on the screen using all the sliders. Once completed you can then save that as a user setting which you can recall at any time.

For me I've created two user profiles for the velocity curve at this point. One with a deep dynamic range for when playing Piano, and a second for just general use. Something more typical of what you would find on a keyboard as a default setup.

It's a personal thing. I just like to have a very deep velocity curve when playing sounds like piano so I can get as much control over the dynamic range as possible.

One thing I need to figure out at a later point though is how to stop the keyboard defaulting back to the default velocity curve when I shut it down. When I bootup right now, I have to select my velocity curve settings on the screen.

Same goes for the master FX. That too defaults back to the factory setting.

Quote:
Does the Groove have the same keybed quallity?

No idea, never played one and I don't know what model keybed is in both. Domenico would have to answer that one.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 03-24-2010).]

#310246 - 03/24/10 11:12 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
My God! Maybe Dom actually had a plan...

Make the MS demos so bad that Tony would go and buy an Audya instead, then he wouldn't have had months, if not YEARS of listening to him whine about 'why isn't it finished yet?', 'why doesn't it work right?', 'why can't I understand it?', 'what's the countdown to the NEXT update?', 'why can't I figure out what is wrong with it even when everybody is telling me how to fix it?' ad nauseam...

Smart move, Dom..!

#310247 - 03/24/10 11:12 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi James
IF you will recall automatically all your own setups, like FX, velocity curve and so on..just save your own setup with the name: default
Every time that you booting or restart the players, the OS will automatically load the all " default" setups.

On MS we use the top Fatar TP8/SK version: http://fatar.com/Pages/TP_8SK.htm

On Groove we use the universal cheap version: http://fatar.com/Pages/TP_9S.htm
( the same used from ketron..is not so bad BUT is NOT the TP8/SK!)

#310248 - 03/24/10 11:15 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Bachus Offline

Thanks for the answers James... (and Dom)

Sad thing that the Groove hasn't the same quallity keybed as teh MS... But you can't have it all.. But i bet since they are handbuild, you can get any keybed in your Groove you want as long as you pay for it...

Back to the vellocity curve... It would be great if the system would remember your preferences and boot to that at start up...

And even better would be if in addition to that you could save a velocity curve to your performace... SO it automatically switches from performance to performace... Playing piano at song A with your band and playing Organ at song B would not require manually setting the velocity curve.

Can't wayt for the update later tonight... so i'll be back later ...

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 03-24-2010).]

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 16 of 27 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online