SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 18 of 27 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 26 27 >
Topic Options
#310259 - 03/25/10 05:06 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Hey Tony, 90% of your problems were your own fault. We TOLD you what to do, and you refused to take our advice. Now you have reinstalled the data, what's your problem NOW? Other than of course, some kind of epic dissatisfaction with the whole thing. You did NO market research, no extensive playing before you bought it, and you want to blame somebody other than yourself. Best of luck, mate. There IS nobody else to blame.

Doesn't stop you, though, does it?

Problem is, your incessant posting of your self-induced problems spilled over onto just about every thread here, regardless of whether it had the slightest to do with Ketron or not. I would only LOVE to have been able to ignore you, but you made it your life's work to spread your misinformation and vitriol everywhere. It got tedious. It is STILL tedious.

Just go buy an MS. I can't think of anything that would be a better reward for having turned SZ into your personal venting arena than the nightmare of bug hell and completely misunderstood operation that you would face. It would almost be worth giving SZ up for, because you would be posting your despair and complete lack of comprehension on every thread here for years to come...

And I don't think I could take that any more...

#310260 - 03/25/10 06:19 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Thanks for the advice guys.
Having a backup of the HOME folder goes without saying here with me. It's just something I'd automatically expect to do. Same goes for my OASYS, PC, Laptop, iPhone and so on.....

You never know when you will need it.

Regards
James

#310261 - 03/25/10 06:44 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
sorry...my mistake.
"default" files are the basic setup presets, because need min 1 file configuration on each directory or the OS not work.

For the auto loading preset give a different name but I dont remember how must be written.
I try to search myself on the source code but I can not find. I don't have skill for writing CC+ code, I have to ask to my developer.
This is a 5 years old features and I relly don't remember how must working.
Right now my developer is to much busy for the Rack 2U VASIO firmware to debug, when have time will let me know what is the right name to save.

No worries, I can live with having to load the two default settings manually each time I bootup until it's fixed.

The COMBI mode bug would be kind of important though as that directly effects your ability to use it in a live situation. You just don't know what your going to get when you select a sound.

Actually, just thinking out loud here, is the problem there due to the fact that the program and variation information is not being written into the file ? If that all that's wrong with it I can write my own program that patches the file and that will tie me over until it's fixed.

I might even write a librarian editor for the keyboard. The file structure looks simple enough so it would be easy enough to write something for it that allows anyone to quickly organise and move around their sounds. For example, take layer 1 from one sound and mix it with layer 4 from another and merge them both together into a new sound and so on.

Quote:
Just some patience...you there have a lot of time to test first the Audya OS4...

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 03-25-2010).]

#310262 - 03/25/10 06:51 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

PS: The on screen sliders for Cut, Reso, Atck, and Decay have no effect on Giga sounds at all.

The basic of any sound engine are ADSR.... and I don't see any Release at all ?

Regards
James

#310263 - 03/25/10 06:58 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Hi Diki.

To be fair to Tony the OS installation does use a Check Sum so if anything goes wrong it's not his fault. It's Ketrons.

Nobody should have to stand on one leg while chanting some Ketron prayer that the OS will install right.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards
James

#310264 - 03/25/10 07:20 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
PS: The on screen sliders for Cut, Reso, Atck, and Decay have no effect on Giga sounds at all.

The basic of any sound engine are ADSR.... and I don't see any Release at all ?

Regards
James

on some giga sounds this controolers are working, depend IF the giga sound was developed with this filters too.
On gigastudio you have to assing each midi CC funcions to the relative desidered control.
98% of the gigalibrary sounds included are made with the Extreme sample converter.
the sounds developer just adjust the loops and some basic CC.
Try to copy one complete giga sounds with the all controllers and then you can see that are working.
No my fault this time...

#310265 - 03/25/10 07:35 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
on some giga sounds this controolers are working, depend IF the giga sound was developed with this filters too.
On gigastudio you have to assing each midi CC funcions to the relative desidered control.
98% of the gigalibrary sounds included are made with the Extreme sample converter.
the sounds developer just adjust the loops and some basic CC.
Try to copy one complete giga sounds with the all controllers and then you can see that are working.
No my fault this time...

yes, if sound is devolped with this controllers then it works totally.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-25-2010).]

#310266 - 03/25/10 09:13 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Quote:

One thing I need to figure out at a later point though is how to stop the keyboard defaulting back to the default velocity curve when I shut it down. When I bootup right now, I have to select my velocity curve settings on the screen.

Hi James. Since you are talking about this subject would you please check when you have some time if the Velocity Curve affects external keyboards or sound modules connected via Midi out? I use the MS to play own sounds and as a controller for external keyboards simultaneously. Everytime I turn on the MS I open the Jack connection Kit go to the Midi tab and link "keyboard out" to "Midi out". The velocity curve from the MS does not affect the external sound (you will probably not found the same links in your OS).I also tried to create a permanent Midi out connection using the "patchbay" so I don't have to do this manually every time but only works for a short time. After a few minutes playing it stops the connection and I get notes stuck forcing me to restart the player or the MS. When I use button Nº 9 or 0 which use midi out (ch 1 or 2 respectively) the MS keyboard becomes a controller only (can't play own sounds). For me it's very important to adjust the velocity curve because I can't control well the my PSR's SA voices since the velocity sensititivity is too soft.
Thanks.

[This message has been edited by vagro (edited 03-25-2010).]

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#310267 - 03/25/10 11:18 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Hey Tony, 90% of your problems were your own fault. We TOLD you what to do, and you refused to take our advice. Now you have reinstalled the data, what's your problem NOW? Other than of course, some kind of epic dissatisfaction with the whole thing. You did NO market research, no extensive playing before you bought it, and you want to blame somebody other than yourself. Best of luck, mate. There IS nobody else to blame.

Doesn't stop you, though, does it?

Problem is, your incessant posting of your self-induced problems spilled over onto just about every thread here, regardless of whether it had the slightest to do with Ketron or not. I would only LOVE to have been able to ignore you, but you made it your life's work to spread your misinformation and vitriol everywhere. It got tedious. It is STILL tedious.

Just go buy an MS. I can't think of anything that would be a better reward for having turned SZ into your personal venting arena than the nightmare of bug hell and completely misunderstood operation that you would face. It would almost be worth giving SZ up for, because you would be posting your despair and complete lack of comprehension on every thread here for years to come...

And I don't think I could take that any more...

Diki,

Every thread that ever been started gets high jacked in some way so don’t blame me for that. Here’s the deal you get me a MS off your mate Dom for $300 and you can have my Audya, BTW after I have tried and vetted and signed off OS4 next week Doh, If OS4 is no good the deals on, music to your ears Diki.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#310268 - 03/25/10 11:50 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Hi Diki.

To be fair to Tony the OS installation does use a Check Sum so if anything goes wrong it's not his fault. It's Ketrons.

Nobody should have to stand on one leg while chanting some Ketron prayer that the OS will install right.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards
James

James

There never was an explantion given about faults after loading early OSsss
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 18 of 27 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online