SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 24 of 27 < 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27 >
Topic Options
#310319 - 03/27/10 03:43 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Why don't we throw in a 'holier than thou' filter while we're at it.

chas

#310320 - 03/27/10 03:43 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 03-28-2010).]

#310321 - 03/27/10 03:47 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
yes , true
I have one client that have buy 3 Roland PCR-800.
The MS is used on bottom as master keyboard with the all sound system.
1 PCR-800 Jack connect to the B4 ASIO host as second manual.
1 PCR-800 Jack connect to ASIO Host 1= Superwave P8
1 PCR-800 Jack connect to ASIO Host 4= NI Massive.

In realtime you can continue use the full features of the MS OS as a Master system, but PLUS the other 3 PCR controller for always play realtime the others engines!

This is the Open System, you buy only 1 keyboard and you wil use like you have 4 keybsoards!
Each PCR-800 is like a embedded Synth.
Is really fun, simple to use/connection ( only 1 USB cable) and at the end COST less!

Dom: I did not know this could be done! Once I asked you if I could control all my keyboards from the MS via USB and you said no. May be you missunderstood me, you thought I wanted to connect the MS to my PC via USB. I connected my 3 keyboards and the NanoKontrol to the MS and linked them to the MS and among them in the Jack (MIDI tab) and now I don't need my PC any more. That's great! I'll try to save that patchbay and see if I don't have to do it manually every time. At least I don't have to start my PC anymore.
By the way I 'm surpised I didn't have to load any driver in the MS for my Korg TR, Pa500, NanoK and PSR. In Windows XP it didn't detect them without the drivers
This topic gave me an incentive to try new things with the MS.

[This message has been edited by vagro (edited 03-27-2010).]

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#310322 - 03/27/10 05:46 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by vagro:
Dom: I did not know this could be done! Once I asked you if I could control all my keyboards from the MS via USB and you said no. May be you missunderstood me, you thought I wanted to connect the MS to my PC via USB. I connected my 3 keyboards and the NanoKontrol to the MS and linked them to the MS and among them in the Jack (MIDI tab) and now I don't need my PC any more. That's great! I'll try to save that patchbay and see if I don't have to do it manually every time. At least I don't have to start my PC anymore.
By the way I 'm surpised I didn't have to load any driver in the MS for my Korg TR, Pa500, NanoK and PSR. In Windows XP it didn't detect them without the drivers

Remember me always for discovery of this option http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/020770.html ..........lol

Sometimes I discover things that even the designers of the product know nothing from it. my other trick to record a style with using different elements of different drum kits on roland keyboard on the same track and timing was a surprise for diki to.............lol

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-27-2010).]

#310323 - 03/28/10 01:54 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi Vargo
This external USB features are available from the last OS update, after we have included the new Jack MP ( multi processor)and Rui have also included the drivers for the USB device.

For that I have also developed the Groove Expander,that can be used also for a sound generation, in alternative of receptor, V-Machine and so on.
On Groove Expander you can connect how many external USB keyboards/controller and each USB device can control in realtime the all 10 Multiple ASIO Host, Giga sampler, Synth DSP..+ the all embedded features that the others sounds module do not have.
http://www.lionstracs.com/store/groove-x6-d-p-235.html

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 03-28-2010).]

#310324 - 03/28/10 04:41 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:

Vagro if you connect your midi usb controllers with usb cabel you see it automaticly on jack ALSA tab interface and not jack midi interface. can please edit your text!

#310325 - 03/28/10 05:28 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
vagro Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
Hi Vargo
This external USB features are available from the last OS update, after we have included the new Jack MP ( multi processor)and Rui have also included the drivers for the USB device.

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 03-28-2010).]

Dom: I was telling you that I POSITIVELY CAN connect other Usb keyboards to the MS and I DON'T need to load any drivers from the keyboard manufacturer. And remember I am using OS 2.8. I've been able to make very complex connections amon other devices connected via Usb to my MS. For example I connected the Korg Pa500 to the PSR (to control midi clock) and viceversa to play the Korg's drums from the PSR. At the same time I connected the M Audio controller to the Pa500, Psr and Korg TR. Also the NanoKontrol to the PSR and finally the MS Keyboard Out to the PSR. Everything works fine and I can even make more connections.
I will think about upgrading the hardware only when I decide to use the arranger part of the MS. So far I can use the Mp3, Giga, Vsti, Pads etc.

So far the biggest problem I have is I don't know how to map the VSTi's sounds in the MS VST Sound Banks. For example if I open Edirol Orchestra VSTi I have to select the different sounds from the main screen of the VSTi. Remember older OS didn't have the ASIO loaded. I hope James sometime can make a video or explain how to do this in the same way he did with the Giga sounds.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#310326 - 03/28/10 05:31 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
vagro Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
Vagro if you connect your midi usb controllers with usb cabel you see it automaticly on jack ALSA tab interface and not jack midi interface. can please edit your text!

No, it appears in Midi tab. Remember I use OS 2.8. The Alsa tab is found later in OS 3.0 or newer.

#310327 - 03/28/10 05:48 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
No, it appears in Midi tab. Remember I use OS 2.8. The Alsa tab is found later in OS 3.0 or newer.

ok, you are right,

but if you have the new O.S you can connect also this controllers to 8 asio host for example.

or for exsample connect one midi usb controler for everything. what you do in O.S 2.8 has now more options from O.S 3.0 but O.S 4 is the best O.S for this becouse of new qjack.

#310328 - 03/28/10 06:32 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
vagro Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
ok, you are right,

but if you have the new O.S you can connect also this controllers to 8 asio host for example.

or for exsample connect one midi usb controler for everything. what you do in O.S 2.8 has now more options from O.S 3.0 but O.S 4 is the best O.S for this becouse of new qjack.

Sooner or later I will upgrade the OS, I know myself but it's not easy for me. I have to import the PCI Express VGA and probably the Asrock mainboard (I only find an ASUS compatible here) and buy the micro. I also know I won't create or modify any style because I don't have neither time nor patience and I enjoy more playing than editing stuff. I use a 5% or less than the MS can offer me and I already spent Us$ 3800 with the Psr s900 and the MS.

PS, I am also waiting for the final OS 10.0 with no bugs that surely will require a faster CPU and a new PCi Don't tell this to Dom

[This message has been edited by vagro (edited 03-28-2010).]

Page 24 of 27 < 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online