SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#310000 - 06/08/08 04:40 AM Re: Virtuall arrangers
Bachus Offline

I have been toroughly stressed by creative labs..

Not only do they make bad vista drivers (espescially the ASIO part. Their support for Linux is virtually non-=existant.

Only 1 beta driver available from creative, and i did not get it to work in any of the 5 linux distro's i tried...

I finally got my sound card working under 64 studio distro, but with the free OSS drivers. And those don't support the newer Linux interfaces like JACK and such.

I am back to windows for now, and i am going to install Linux (which works great except X-fi stuff) in a virtuall machine that has an AC97 audio interface.

For now i am back to WInddows vista 64 Ultimate. I bought an Edirol PCR 800 yesterday and i hooked it up to my PC. Its a great midi tool for playing with vst's...

I,'ll be testing live-styler later this week, or otherwise next week, as my job is currently taking 15 hours a day. I tought i keep you guys updated.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#310001 - 06/08/08 01:45 PM Re: Virtuall arrangers
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Creative soundcards are not pro cards, but designed for the consumer market and for this they are excellent value for money, offering everything the consumer needs, however if you are a pro (Or you require a card for pro use) you will require a soundcard dedicated to just music, (Creative is Jack of all trades, but a master of none) which means getting your wallet out I’m afraid.
Hope this helps

Bill

#310002 - 06/08/08 10:09 PM Re: Virtuall arrangers
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Creative soundcards are not pro cards, but designed for the consumer market and for this they are excellent value for money, offering everything the consumer needs, however if you are a pro (Or you require a card for pro use) you will require a soundcard dedicated to just music, (Creative is Jack of all trades, but a master of none) which means getting your wallet out I’m afraid.
Hope this helps

Bill

I know Bill....

Tought i could work it out, but its way to timeconsuming... I am currently in the market for a USB midi/audio device supported under both vista 64 and Linux...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#310003 - 06/15/08 03:02 PM Re: Virtuall arrangers
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
I am currently in the market for a USB midi/audio device supported under both vista 64 and Linux...

There ain't any yet.
At least a couple of month's ago I couldn't find them.
There are some pro cards with drivers, but 32 bits version only and way slower as under XP.

I'am back on XP pro.

Fred

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online