SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#309746 - 07/14/06 06:24 PM Re: Our New Forum
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Rick,
EMC have demo's, maybe you'd be able to listen to your styles via the demo version??
I don't want load it into my p.c. as I own the full version & I may mess something up. I don't want to have to get pin no's
reissued.
Don't know whether it will work, but may be worth a try. http://www.emc-musicsoftware.de/viashop/storefront/start.asp?

For sounds, if you have a creative soundcard like audigy, or sblive you could use soundfonts.

Roland have a soundcanvas softsynth, but it's not available on it's own. It comes as a freebie with some of the software packages, or you can purhase it, if you buy something like powertracks sequencer..

It's always a good idea to check out the bundled packages before buying.

I recently added 4 new style sets & 2 new melodists to my BIAB.
Cost $29 each
Bundled $59 for all 6 plus extra software programs.
http://www.pgmusic.com/rolandvs.htm

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ralfaro:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#309747 - 07/15/06 11:17 AM Re: Our New Forum
Kevin Woolley Offline

Loc: Pietersburg, South Africa
Rikki

Firstly the GW-7 converter does work, so I do now have an avenue for making new styles. I actually use an old version of Cakewalk for this because of part markers etc. I prefer the older versions for working with midi files. I also have recently purchased PowerTracks 11 from PGMusic and will try that out also. I now have so many sequencers to use but for my recording studio I always use Cubase SX. I have tried mixing some of my professional recording projects in the lower priced and free sequencers and - you'd be hard pressed to say which was mixed in which program! The main difference between sequencers is work-flow and ease of use combined with flexibility. Some of the free programs have the same flexibility as the $400 ones. Anyway I digress!

The EXR-7 seems to play any Roland Style file I care to throw at it! I recently downloaded some tweaked G-70 styles from somewhere and they worked a treat. Some had some funnies going on in them - g-70 specific features I suppose - but the majority worked flawlessly and sounded great.

I have the EMC demo software but will have to install it to find out if I can demo styles on the computer. I remember getting a freebie version for the PA80 (even with a reg key).

Will keep you informed.

Kevin Woolley

#309748 - 07/17/06 05:16 AM Re: Our New Forum
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Wow!! This is fantastic. Thank you Nigel for setting this up.
It would be nice if OMB could host vst's and soundfonts. That would eliminate lots of other software.
I'm sure it would not be that difficult to have a version of OBM that supports Roland styles.
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 07-17-2006).]

#309749 - 07/27/06 02:19 AM Re: Our New Forum
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Kevin,
thats good news that the GW7 convertor works.
I've also recently upgraded to pt11.

Let me know how you go with EMC demo.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Woolley:
Rikki

Firstly the GW-7 converter does work, so I do now have an avenue for making new styles. I also have recently purchased PowerTracks 11 from PGMusic and will try that out also. Any

The EXR-7 seems to play any Roland Style file I care to throw at it! I recently downloaded some tweaked G-70 styles from somewhere and they worked a treat. Some had some funnies going on in them - g-70 specific features I suppose - but the majority worked flawlessly and sounded great.

I have the EMC demo software but will have to install it to find out if I can demo styles on the computer. I remember getting a freebie version for the PA80 (even with a reg key).

Will keep you informed.

Kevin Woolley

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online