SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#309697 - 12/28/06 11:23 AM Re: using a receptor with arranger keyboard
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Bill,
on a pc, wouldn't really make them the ideal type of instrument for "style parts" where you need a variety of instruments for the varied types of styles used.

Thank you for explaining.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by abacus:
[B]Hi Rikki
VSTs come in 3 main types, Dedicated Instruments, Large Sample Sets and Effects, all of which require their own CPU power and Ram, the Art is to configure what Instruments and sounds you require for a song(s) in such a way that the computer system does not fall over. (Depending on the computer system and VSTs used, you may need a different configuration for each song)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#309698 - 12/30/06 02:25 PM Re: using a receptor with arranger keyboard
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi All

I have been negligent in checking the forums,sorry.

My Receptor is great for it's intended purpose, which is to organize and play VST instruments and effects. For lead voices, much more quality can be achieved than most arrangers(Same as Wersi and Liontracks). It is rugged and stable. I run B4,Kontakt2, and Colossus in mine with no problem, as long as I don't 16 large samples at once.

The negatives might be in styles. As Rikki said, the multi timbral switching for larger samples is out. I have tried Bandstand,eg,and the latency was unacceptable. Also,as far as I know, it will not host a sequencer, meaning you have to midi it in from a laptop.

For studio work with VSTi's, or lead sounds, it's great. An arranger, it's not.

For it's price point,it can not be compared to a Wersi at many times the cost.

On the other hand,with the progress Muse is making in new programs, who knows ?

Bernie

#309699 - 03/30/07 02:37 AM Re: using a receptor with arranger keyboard
Flemming M Offline

Loc: Herning - Denmark
Hi Bernie
Do you still use the Receptor. I have thinking about too get a Receptor for the same as you - better solo voice with my Korg Pa1Xpro. Most piano, B3, Sax and guitar.

Does It work correct. Can It not play style sounds from arranger 2 - 4 sounds with solo voice. ?

Shall I bye the large one from Muse Receptor ?

Best regards Flemming

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
Hi All

I have been negligent in checking the forums,sorry.

My Receptor is great for it's intended purpose, which is to organize and play VST instruments and effects. For lead voices, much more quality can be achieved than most arrangers(Same as Wersi and Liontracks). It is rugged and stable. I run B4,Kontakt2, and Colossus in mine with no problem, as long as I don't 16 large samples at once.

The negatives might be in styles. As Rikki said, the multi timbral switching for larger samples is out. I have tried Bandstand,eg,and the latency was unacceptable. Also,as far as I know, it will not host a sequencer, meaning you have to midi it in from a laptop.

For studio work with VSTi's, or lead sounds, it's great. An arranger, it's not.

For it's price point,it can not be compared to a Wersi at many times the cost.

On the other hand,with the progress Muse is making in new programs, who knows ?

Bernie

#309700 - 03/31/07 06:17 AM Re: using a receptor with arranger keyboard
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Flemming

I am not sure what you mean by playing sounds from arranger.

First of all, the arranger style section does not transmit to Receptor. At least,I don't use it that way. You can layer as many sounds as you want for solo or left hand,however. I use a controller keyboard on top of my Technics KN7000.

I am the first to admit that I don't use the Receptor for all that it is capable of because I don't know enough about software.

Think of Receptor as a module that can hold many VST's controlled by midi. It does not have a sequencer,so cannot produce any styles. You have to use softsynth programs like One Man Band, and then you can setup voices in Receptor to receive from outside program.

Since I have played arrangers for years,I just use Receptor for solo voices.

Like I said, I am not any authority, so I am sure it can do more than I am aware of.

Bernie

#309701 - 04/01/07 06:28 PM Re: using a receptor with arranger keyboard
Jick Duck Offline

Loc: Brooklyn NY
C'mon guys,
I just don't get the problem of using high quality sounds for the styles too.
For no apparent reason, everyone is abandoning the good old gigastudio, and then complaining about program change latency. I'm currently using gigastudio with a sound library or about 2.5 gigabytes. I just load in the whole gig file, takes less than a minute, and then I jam away. 0 latency when changing voices, because everything is already loaded.

I currently play live using OMB and sound-fonts. I'm still in middle of putting together the gigastudio sound bank. I am not worried at all to use it live for melody AND styles. As a matter of fact, I already did use my gigastudio library (currently at 2.5 gigs) live, to see what the audience says, and I got great comments about the rich sound.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online