SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#309488 - 01/28/07 12:56 PM Keyboard Piano Demos
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi All
I have uploaded some Piano demos featuring the Wersi OAS 6 Piano, (12Mb) Akai Grand Piano, (3Mb) EVM Grand Piano, (VST) and the True Piano. (VST)
I have used 3 different Midi files, 1 from Purgatory Creek, 1 from Wersi OAS 4 and 1 from Wersi OAS 6 so as to give some variation.
All the sounds were loaded into my Wersi Abacus with its OAS 6 software, (The latest is OAS 7) and then recorded direct to the hard disk, I did not alter any manufactures settings on the sounds, and used the same global reverb and EQ for all sounds.
The Wav files were converted on my main PC to mp3, and then posted onto You Send It.
I have deliberately missed off the names of the instruments used per track, and they are in a different order per song. I have done this so that you will need to use your ears to see which you think sounds best, and not be swayed by the name.
True Piano is a new modelled Piano VST, and I am using the trial version so only 1 type of Piano is available.
I look forward to your comments.

Bill
http://www.yousendit.com/download/O65xUQuc4oB5TA%3D%3D
http://www.yousendit.com/download/O67FBcGsoxN5TA%3D%3D
http://www.yousendit.com/download/O65JR2qfp3l5TA%3D%3D

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 01-29-2007).]

#309489 - 01/28/07 05:00 PM Re: Keyboard Piano Demos
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bill,
thank you for taking the time to upload all these demo's.
I'm finding it hard to tell the difference between them , except for 3 & 7 really don't like the sound of those .

Might be my headphones but they all sound rather bright. Tiny bit grating on the ears after a while ( maybe it's time for new headphones haahaa). Are the midifiles recorded at very high velocity?

thanks again
best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by abacus:
[B]Hi All

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 01-28-2007).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#309490 - 01/29/07 03:18 AM Re: Keyboard Piano Demos
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Rikki
Just checked the files and found that I had the mp3 frequency compensation button on, (Designed so that when you post at low bit rates, it compensates for the compression) and this is why it sounds bright.
I have now edited the post with the files that were converted with the frequency compensation button turned off.
Sorry about that

Bill

#309491 - 01/29/07 11:49 AM Re: Keyboard Piano Demos
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Bill,
happy to read it wasn't my hearing or my headphones.
I'll give them another try.
most appreciated

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi Rikki
Just checked the files and found that I had the mp3 frequency compensation button on, (Designed so that when you post at low bit rates, it compensates for the compression) and this is why it sounds bright.
I have now edited the post with the files that were converted with the frequency compensation button turned off.
Sorry about that

Bill

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online