SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#309321 - 01/25/07 10:36 AM Jammer Pro 6
santantoni Offline

I am looking for the coolest arranger program for PC on the planet...currently I am checking out OMB and Jammer Pro 6.
What people think of the latter? I know that it does not read PSR styles (a very cool feature of OMB,as you know). Jammer Pro seems a very interesting arranger program as well

#309322 - 01/25/07 11:56 AM Re: Jammer Pro 6
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Jammer Pro is not an realtime arranger...Jammer Live is.

#309323 - 01/25/07 01:31 PM Re: Jammer Pro 6
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
JammerPro 6 more closely resembles BIAB type software ie no realtime functions.
They do have a demo version that you can try before you buy.
As Fran mentioned they also have a piece of software called Jammer Live which can be used to play styles in realtime like OMB & Live Styler can.

Basically uses same style format as Jammer Pro , problem is, I read on the forum that they're not going to update this piece of software ie no jammer live 2. Really pity.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by santantoni:
[B]I

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#309324 - 01/25/07 01:55 PM Re: Jammer Pro 6
Fran Carango Offline

Rikki, that is a shame..I really liked Jammer Live...but with limited styles available...
It is a shame a third party can not develope a software to convert styles to JammerLive format..It would be a killer arranger ..then

#309325 - 01/25/07 02:03 PM Re: Jammer Pro 6
Fran Carango Offline

Rikki, that is a shame..I really liked Jammer Live...but with limited styles available...
It is a shame a third party can not develope a software to convert styles to JammerLive format..It would be a killer arranger ..then

#309326 - 01/25/07 05:06 PM Re: Jammer Pro 6
miden Offline

Loc: The World
apparently you can create new styles via Jammer Pro 6, but there are limitations as to what jammer live will read, and imho, although you can do it it is way too complicated and fiddly..i had jammer pro 6 and jammer live and sold them both for those reasons and the one posted by rikki
BTW i am looking at the new MM6, but the more info i find out about it the less suitable (from a pattern/style chord recognition view, not sounds, as it sounds super) it becomes, so i may have to look at either the e50 or perhaps a s/hand midjay...dont know really...and still no word on the reported psr s-900

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 01-25-2007).]

#309327 - 01/25/07 07:44 PM Re: Jammer Pro 6
santantoni Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi,
JammerPro 6 more closely resembles BIAB type software ie no realtime functions.
They do have a demo version that you can try before you buy.
As Fran mentioned they also have a piece of software called Jammer Live which can be used to play styles in realtime like OMB & Live Styler can.

Basically uses same style format as Jammer Pro , problem is, I read on the forum that they're not going to update this piece of software ie no jammer live 2. Really pity.

best wishes
Rikki
[B]I

Thanks guys. I will want to look more closely at the features of Jammer Pro...seems very interesting although it is a different concept. It's ok for me if I have no realtime functions,as,in fact,I want one of these programs for composition. BIAB is great,but one of the things I don't like about it is that it's styles are a bit skimpy on intro and endings,although BIAB features so many other killer features.
On the other hand,a killer feature of OMB it's the ability to read PSR styles...these HAVE very cool intros and endings,as you all know!
I hope that one day it will be Yamaha or Roland making full-fledged arranger software...then with the power of laptop and a good MIDI keyboard controller,the sky's will be the limit

#309328 - 01/25/07 09:18 PM Re: Jammer Pro 6
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Fran,
as mentioned, you can use Jammer Pro styles
& I was really excited when I discovered that you could now create styles from midifiles in version 6.

Really don't want to waste time learning the style structure of Jammer Pro 6 when the only software that really interested me was Jammer Live itself..

Like Miden, I was really dissapointed to find out there wasn't going to be a Jammer Live 2.

They lost a customer who's bought every upgrade since version 1 (including the style disks,) since back in the early 90's.

Not that I really used it all that much, as I prefer playing with arranger functions.

sooo dissapointing.

best wishes
rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fran Carango:
[B]Rikki, that is a shame..I really liked Jammer Live...but with limited styles available...

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#309329 - 01/25/07 09:46 PM Re: Jammer Pro 6
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
which version of BIAB do you actually have??

You can get some fairly interesting chord progressions when using the " Intro" icon & have Biab create intro's for you. Not as varied and interesting as keyboards have though.

Thought about copying a psr intro/ending saved as midifile into a BIAB midifile. May work.

best wishes
Rikki

[B] It's ok for me if I have no realtime functions,as,in fact,I want one of these programs for composition. BIAB is great,but one of the things I don't like about it is that it's styles are a bit skimpy on intro and endings,although BIAB features so many other killer features.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#309330 - 01/26/07 05:51 AM Re: Jammer Pro 6
santantoni Offline

re : Rikki

Hi Rikki, I am using BIAB v 2007.
You are too right...the intros and endings sound NOTHING like dedicated hardware. In that respect,I like OMB a lot
The chord progressions created in BIAB are good,true...BIAB has other things that are missing elsewhere.
I gotta say that I really like the PSR styles that OMB can play...I have a big bunch of them now,they sound really good.
If BIAB could read PSR styles too,and have the same intro - endings as OMB,it would be unbeatable. But nothing is perfect I guess...what matters in the end is that we use what we can to make the best music we can

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online