SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30892 - 10/29/03 04:29 PM new sound samples
bzw Offline

Loc: Md, USA
Has anyone made any mp3s using the new sound samples for the XD9? I would love to hear the piano brass reed and string before buying one.

#30893 - 10/30/03 07:54 AM Re: new sound samples
nick_h Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
If you can tell me how to make the MP3, I will give it a shot. I bought the orchestral flash card and installed it in the VEGA. The piano, sax, guitar, trumpet sounds are very nice.

Do I need a good quality A/D interface to my PC and some recording software? Also, what is a good software to convert to MP3, or do software recorders record in MP3 format?

#30894 - 10/30/03 09:21 PM Re: new sound samples
bzw Offline

Loc: Md, USA
I never recorded any mp3s myself, however I downloaded a free trial version from www.xaudiotools.com . I just found out that Keyboard City here in Baltimore will be getting a card installed on one in the store so I may hop over there to check it out.
If you make any mp3s let me know. Thanks

#30895 - 10/31/03 09:10 PM Re: new sound samples
sconner Offline

Loc: Salem, Oregon USA
I've had the new flash card for about a week now. Very impressive. Really high quality. The stereo piano is really great, very full and the sound seems to surround you like a real live piano. I like the new organ sounds. Will use them more now than the original. Fiddle and violin are outstanding......so darn realistic and so are the new guitar samples.All the flash sounds are, it seems to me, a cut above all the original sounds. As far as I'm concerned, you can't miss on this. There is only one accordion sound (I play midi accordion) so that's slightly disappointing, but other than that, I'm really pleased with this.

I do some recording on a Yamaha AW2816. If I get some time in the next few days, I'll record a few sample sounds, convert to an MP3 and post it somewhere.
sconner

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online