SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305957 - 09/17/01 12:31 PM stereo sample looping newbie question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all, apologies if this has been asked and answered recently: I didn't spot this down the list.
I bought a sample CD of Choral voices. The cd includes audio, aiff, Acidized-.WAV, and other stuff. I want to use a .WAV clip (in Sonar) and I want to loop it.

Thing is, it starts out with a consonant, and then holds for a little bit, and then cuts off. I'm assuming somehow that you can set the loop-start and loop-end points on this sample somehow, but I can't figure out how.

At the moment, if I leave it as is and "make it a loop clip", then when I drag the clip out it does repeat but it repeats start to finish, including the beginning consonant.

I want it to loop over the smoothe part, with just the consonant at the beginning.

I began to try playing with slide-clipping the sample to change the repeat points to be as close to zero crossing as possible, but have had no luck keeping the loop "click" out of there (nevermind trying to keep the beginning consonant in)

There must be something I'm missing. What do I need to do to seamlessly loop this sample? and other stereo samples like this. What is the secret?

With all of the GrooveBoxes out there, i can't imagine that everyone has to beat his or her head against the wall for every single sample they want to loop. oh help.

#305958 - 09/18/01 04:22 AM Re: stereo sample looping newbie question
SPINSTERWUN Offline

Pick up a copy of Sound Forge 4.5 or 5.0 for editing your samples.

Check here @ their site...
http://www.sonicfoundry.com

spin

------------------
Psylab INC.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online