SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305864 - 08/14/01 01:06 PM midi/wav problem
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi,
i wonder if someone can help me with this problem:
When i take a drumloop in my sequenser (cakewalk audio) and my second track is midi bass-sound i play, with some samples i have a conflict with the bass-line on the drumloop
the sound of my midibass is sound not tuned good !! When i mute this drumloop the bass is ok !! I have this problem only with a few drumloops (not all !!). Are there people with the same problems.
Thanks Already for your answers.
I have not much doing things with samples now, but will do it in the future on my songs.
Thanks Notlos.
http://www.mp3.com/dirkbaert

------------------

------------------

#305865 - 08/21/01 12:07 AM Re: midi/wav problem
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
It sounds very much like there are some bass frequencies in some of your drum loops that cause some sort of phase cancellation of frequencies in your bass sound causing it to sound flat.

This would be why you experience it with some loops and not others. I'd guess the ones you have problems with have a similar bass range. The way to avoid this is by using EQ to cut the offending frequency in the loops or simply use a bass sound that sits above the loop sound and not compete for the same frequency band.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 08-21-2001).]

#305866 - 08/27/01 05:01 PM Re: midi/wav problem
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi Nigel,
Sorry for the late reply ( i was on holliday)
I will try to experiment with eq on this loops with problems.
Many thanks for your information.
Greetings Notlos.

------------------

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online