SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305750 - 11/30/99 01:40 PM Akai Sample CDs from PC to sampler
yogi Offline

Loc: Stavanger, Norway
I've just bought my first sample CD, and I'm running MESA 2,0 to edit the programs on my S-2000. But the sample-CD (in AKAI-format) seems to be "empty" when I'm scanning it in Explorer (Win'98). I've also tried using the load-menu on the S-2000, but since my CD-rom ist't on SCSI, it can't find anything. Is my only option to get hold of an external SCSI CD-rom??
any help appreciated!

------------------

#305751 - 12/07/99 01:15 PM Re: Akai Sample CDs from PC to sampler
fvicente Offline

Loc: Port Moody, BC, Canada
Yes and no. Especially if you plan on using more sample cd-roms in the future, it is a must-have. However, there is a program available (pc-only) on the net which will read akai-format cd's. You can find a link to CDXtract off of the Akai section of synth zone. It requires a scsi cd-rom though and you'll still have to send the samples to your sampler anyway. This requires more work than it's worth IMHO since, the CD will load programs, samples and all.

My advice would be to buy an internal SCSI Cd-Rom drive that is compatible with your sampler, and then buy an external case for it. I paid under $200 total for my 16x Sony drive and external case 2 years ago and I've been very happy.

Hope this helps.
Fernando

#305752 - 12/13/99 09:57 AM Re: Akai Sample CDs from PC to sampler
yogi Offline

Loc: Stavanger, Norway
I already have CDXtractor installed to my PC (demo-version, though). The problem is that the program files are savable as .sf2 only, not .s3p which MESA can read. The samples are no-problem, as they are saved in .wav. So I'm not an inch closer a solution...

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online