SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305331 - 11/04/10 11:13 PM Tyros 4 review
smiles Offline

Loc: Palm Springs,Ca USA and Washi...
Well, been away from site for about 3 years, now back. Thanks Chony for an honest review of the TR4. Had I read it before I ordered, I might not have. I should receive my TR4 ina a few days and there are only two reason I did order, #1 MY TR3 has a major problem with the Registration Memory and I have too many gigs lines up so I can't do without for 2 or 3 weeks and my second keyboard needs to be replaced, at 72, it is getting too heavy for me to carry.
It is a Technics 7000 and in my opinion, the best keyboard ever made, compare the soft sax to the Tyros 3 sof sax and you'll see why. I do agree with several members like Chony that Yamaha this time is trying to make a quick buck and I can almost bet you, in comparison, they will not even come close to selling as many TR4's as the TR3's.
My God, not to even change the outside except the blue buttons, is ridiculous. The salesman agreed with me that not changing the Power on button back on top of the keyboard, is the major complaint alone.
I can't say I'm too excited getting the TR4 in a few days but boy won't it be wonderful to have blue buttons now?

------------------
what the hell is a ubb code?

#305332 - 11/05/10 02:28 PM Re: Tyros 4 review
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hello,

I heard about the reason of these blue buttons. It was not a cheap trick to make it look different than TR3. But is it done because quite many users have partly or complete color blindness. And blue with orange is clear, while for color-blind people the green and orange buttons look the same.

Have you heard the TR4. It is a major difference for almost all instruments, especially strings and voices. The SA2 Jazz- and Celtic Violin's are amazing.

------------------

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online