SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305325 - 10/26/10 02:25 PM Tyros 4
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Just wondering: who is going for the Tyros 4?

Just go to www.music-tyros.com

------------------

#305326 - 11/02/10 12:07 PM Re: Tyros 4
PhilMul Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by fmlk:
Just wondering: who is going for the Tyros 4?

Just go to www.music-tyros.com
I got one and I like it alot, it sounds great. It has great voices (especially Real Strings and Scat Voices) and 1GB Flash Ram for my samples which opens the T4 wide open for sounds. There's a lot of hidden features over the T3. Check it out!

#313282 - 01/20/11 06:00 PM Re: Tyros 4 [Re: fmlk]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I have a T4 and although it has a great sound, the OS is horrifying. I thought the T3 was difficult, but trying to get the T4 to accept the T3 styles and the saved setups I copied to it from the T3 Hard Drive is a nightmare. I've had the keyboard 7 weeks during which time, I have spent most of my time trying to get it to work properly. Yamaha have issued an update and it did correct one or two of the 'glitches' but mine is still very unpredictable making me think there is something wrong with the keyboard.

I'm beginning to wish I hadn't changed now.

Audrey

#316278 - 02/12/11 02:18 PM Re: Tyros 4 [Re: fmlk]
fmlk Offline

Hello Audrey,

Yes, I also had some difficulties and still some styles from former Tyros shows strange "thumbnail". But I found more advantages then these disadvantages: the OS hasn't changed but is faster than on the T3. I have been looking to MOTIF XF because the possibility to desing your own styles with 7800 arpeggio's and created your own voices. I discussed it with my retailer's technical assistent and together we found out: T4 has same possiblities. For example visit my site: http://my.vision-4-life.nl/index.php?id=71 and listen "Heures Mystiques no. V" where you can enjoy my realistic church organ voices. If you want to know how I did it, let me know and I might be able to help you smile

Regards, Fred

P.S. Also "Deux Antiennes" is a little church organ piece

#316581 - 02/15/11 02:05 PM Re: Tyros 4 [Re: fmlk]
fmlk Offline

Just listen "Marche Funebre":

http://my.vision-4-life.nl/index.php?id=71

#318666 - 03/08/11 12:37 PM Re: Tyros 4 [Re: fmlk]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Originally Posted By: fmlk
Hello Audrey,

Yes, I also had some difficulties and still some styles from former Tyros shows strange "thumbnail". But I found more advantages then these disadvantages: the OS hasn't changed but is faster than on the T3. I have been looking to MOTIF XF because the possibility to desing your own styles with 7800 arpeggio's and created your own voices.

Hi Fred,
I'm new to the forum and really interested in your statement about the Motif because that's exactly the situation I'm in right now - trying to decide what to buy. After deciding last year that I would buy a Tyros 3, I waited instead based on rumors that the Tyros 4 was coming out. But, now that the TY4 is out, Korg is coming out with their Pa3x Pro in April here in the US. In the meantime, I discovered all these great demos of the Ketron Audya with 76 keys and it sounds like it has great natural sounding accompaniment patterns and quite good sound patches too. I decided against the Audya because of supposed OS reliability and customer support issues. I want mainly to get a nice one-man band live performance going and I want to get that with a good auto-accompaniment feature. I love my Roland Fantom X but I have not had the patience to learn generating my own rhythm patterns for playing live. For me, a good arranger would be good for making rhythm backgrounds. By major music stores do not carry high end arrangers to try. I plan to play more of my original work this year, more New Age, Electronic, and ambient style like Vangelis and Jarre but want to have a one-man band live ability. Thank you very much. A couple of people have suggested I go for a Motif XF or Korg Kronos instead because they have a lot of rhythm patterns and are more flexible to make less canned sounding rhythms. So now my decision is even more difficult because it's not just between TY4 vs. pa3x, but also among Motif and Kronos. I have only ever had two keyboards, a Yamaha YPG 525 which I liked a lot, but sold because it only had 32 note polyphony - and a Roland Fantom X which I have now and is great but requires creating sequences on your own to get the rhythm patterns you want - and I just want to get down and play without digging deep into software or hardware. I appreciate any thoughts - especially regarding TY4 versus Motif XF if I have no arranger keyboard now. Thank you in advance. Sorry about the long life story.
Hal

#319970 - 03/23/11 03:28 PM Re: Tyros 4 [Re: fmlk]
fmlk Offline

Hi Hal2001,

For what you seek, I think the T4 is the best choice. I have heard youtubes of Pa3X, and T4: Korg is really nice..... but Tyros 4 is awesome. However the best you can do is visit a music store where they have the instruments and try them out. Coming Friday I will do such just to get to know the MOTIF XF depite the fact I won't buy it or trade in my T4. Especially now I know that you can creating custom voices from your own wav files and create custom styles by mixing the 8 elemenets of different styles together.

And T4 has SA2 (super articulation2 voices that MOTIF doesn't have. Like the new soprano sax or vintage guitar.

Regards, Fred

#319982 - 03/23/11 05:45 PM Re: Tyros 4 [Re: fmlk]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Originally Posted By: fmlk
Coming Friday I will do such just to get to know the MOTIF XF depite the fact I won't buy it or trade in my T4.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll be interested in your reactions about the Motif. Very intriguing is the fact that the XF hooked up to a computer via its remote controller can create Karma patterns that sound amazing.
Hal

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online