SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305311 - 08/05/09 07:03 AM Volume pedal
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
It would be nice to see this forum take off.

Members of this forum are probably aware of the new T3 voices just released and I along with quite a few other people think they are very overpriced. I don't want to go into any arguments as to the why's and wherefores of overpricing.
I have a T3 and also kept my KN7000 so I decided to use the two together (the choir voices on the KN are second to none). This has worked really, really well and I now have the best of both worlds. The two keyboards are not connected in any way but does anyone know if it is possible to use one expression (volume) pedal to control both keyboards at the same time.

I know it's possible to make up cable converters and join them but I am worried that I may possibly damage one or both of the keyboards.

I,m sure someone out there will help me.

Alan

PS. The pedal I am using has been used on the KN and T3 successfully.

[This message has been edited by Sapphire (edited 08-05-2009).]

#305312 - 08/05/09 01:27 PM Re: Volume pedal
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hello,

Yes, I also hope that this forum takes off nicely.
W.r.t. your pedal question I think it can be possible to do it. As you know the pedal control is in fact a variable resistor. Maybe it is possible to build a second variable resistor in it and connect it to a second cable. Then it would work as two pedals linked together.

And yes, I agree, that the new voices packages are very pricy, although you get a whole bunch of voices and styles. Can you remember the prices of the KN7000 Expansion boards? All 4 boards was also €1300, just for extra sounds.
------------------

[This message has been edited by fmlk (edited 08-05-2009).]

#305313 - 08/05/09 10:51 PM Re: Volume pedal

Hi,

If I remember correctly the 4 expansion boards retailed at around £200 each and all had approx. 200 voices on them. If you tired of them you could still sell them for anything between £40 and £120 and so recoup some of your money. With the T3 voices they are software only, locked to your machine and cannot be sold on unless with the keyboard.

But, I guess times move on.

Thanks for the reply on the foot pedal. I don't think I am technical enough to mess with the internals but at least it is a line of thought.

Alan

PS. I still use your SD-Explorer. Fantastic little program.

[This message has been edited by Sapphire (edited 08-05-2009).]

#305314 - 08/06/09 08:39 AM Re: Volume pedal
Chris Housley Offline

I to think the Kn 7000 has the best Vocal section... But i do like my Tyros 2..
Chris.

#305315 - 08/06/09 08:46 AM Re: Volume pedal

Chris

I have never played a T2 but it's probably not much different to a T3 so I agree with what you're saying.

But the KN7000 still holds up very well against both Yamaha models.

Alan

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online