SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305271 - 06/14/08 10:27 AM Muisc Finder Plus Q
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
One day i might buy a Tyros (have Roland G70 currently)

To access broadband i have a TalkTalk modem (ADSL) which connects to my PC lan port

If and when i buy a Tyros X can i use this modem (it only has 1 lan port which requires special PC software as far as i know to connect to the WWW)

Can i just switch the lan wires from PC to Tyros or is there more to it ?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can and does answer this

#305272 - 06/14/08 11:04 AM Re: Muisc Finder Plus Q
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Tony
Most ISPs in the UK use BT Voyager modems (Rebadged) so there should not be any problems if it is connected to the LAN port, as all the software to connect to the Internet is in the modem. (As are your username and password you use to connect to Internet)
If it is a USB modem then you will need to connect the Tyros into the LAN port of you computer using a crossover cable to gain access to the modem.
Hope this helps

Bill

#305273 - 06/14/08 11:12 AM Re: Muisc Finder Plus Q
tony harbour Offline

Hi Bill

Many thanks for your explaination - so the password / usename , although configured via software on PC gets stored in the modem itself - interesting

(My modem can apparently be connected to the the PC cia USB to but i use the lan port)

So it might work by switching the PC lead with the Tyros lan lead then - which will be good news - and easy enough - if and when i ever get a Tyros 2++

Tony

[This message has been edited by tony harbour (edited 06-14-2008).]

#305274 - 06/15/08 02:27 AM Re: Muisc Finder Plus Q
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Tony
Type in 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of IE and you should have direct access to your modem, (Assuming Talk Talk haven’t changed the default settings) thus allowing you to have a look round. (Don’t alter anything though)
Regards

Bill

#305275 - 06/15/08 08:30 AM Re: Muisc Finder Plus Q
tony harbour Offline

Thanks bill - yes that worked - genious

Best regards

Tony

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online