SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305229 - 02/24/06 05:23 AM Upgraded to T2
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
I recently sold my T1 on EBAY and was lucky enough to buy a second user T2 from a dealer here in the UK at a great price including a 3 year parts and labour warranty (from Whitley Bay Organs). I thoroughly recommend their services, this is not the first time I have used them and it certainly wont be the last.

I also picked up 512Mb of 168pin PC133 SDRAM memory on EBAY. This is such old technology that is is dirt cheap secondhand. Mind you buy in matched pairs though as you can't use a single strip.

I was pleasantly surprised with the improvement in the keyboard feel, while it's certainly no Roland challenger, it is a real improvement over th T1.

I also note that the coloured buttons have been toned down and the blue music finder button is now white. Although still a little garish it does now look less toylike.

Also, I thought that controlling the SA voices would be harder than it is - I love playing the saxes and guitars now and the ability to display lyrics from text files instead of all those .bmp files I had to make is most welcome.

Will gig with it for the first time tonight - wish me luck.

Can anyone tell me where to get the Music Finder Database with the corrected names please?

Regards - KFingers

#305230 - 02/24/06 07:15 AM Re: Upgraded to T2
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi KFingers.
The Music Finder database can be found on the link below, you may need to register on there first to get it.
http://www.yamahapkowner.com/article_musicfinderupdates.php?zoom_highlight=music+finder

Nice to see Whitley Bay did you a good deal. For me Norma was being rather greedy, she wanted my Ketron SD1 and a further £1800 for a brand new T2 last November so I kept my SD1 and got a brand new T2 for £2099 elsewhere. The 3 year warranty they offer is great though

#305231 - 03/07/06 04:38 AM Re: Upgraded to T2
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Thanks for the info Craig.

You are right about WBHO trade in prices but buying straight out with no P/X they were the best by far for new T2s and they had 2 used ones when I bought so I think I hit them at the right time.

I've sold my XD9 now (cut down SD1) but I sure do miss some of the more "in yer face" styles and rythmns. Perhaps I'll explore a Midijay and have the best of both worlds

Kind Regards - Keith F (KFingers)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online