SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305075 - 01/08/06 02:06 PM T2 MS02 Satelite Spkr Brackets compatible with T1 Satellite Speakers?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I own a Tyros2, but still have the Tyros1 TRS-MS01 speaker system that I utilized for my (now sold) Tyros1 keyboard.

From the pictures I've seen, it appears (to me) that the Tyros1 TRS-MS01 and Tyros2 TRS-MS02 speakers utilize the exact same satellite 'speaker bracket' quick release systems, and that the ONLY difference is the way the lower portion of the satellite speaker bracket mounts to the keyboard.

Picture of Tyros2 TRS-MS02 Speaker System: Satellite Speaker Brackets (2) are the 2 black (round disc like) items, of which mount directly to T2:

If this is the case, then I'd expect that, if I ordered (from Yamaha Parts Dept) only the lower portion of the TRS-MS02 satellite speaker 'bracket assembly' (Yamaha part #WF237400) of which mounts directly to the T2, that I could simply attach my TRS-MS01 Satellite speakers (utilizing the upper portion of the Tyros1 model TRS-MS01 satellite bracket assembly) to the the TRS-MS02 speaker brackets, saving the cost of having to buy an entire new TRS-MS02 speaker system.

Can someone here who owns (or has owned) BOTH: the Tyros1 TRS-MS01's and Tyros2 TRS-MS02's satellite speakers, verify if, except for the way they attach to the keyboard itself, that their quick release satellite speaker bracket assemblies are identical & interchangeable?

Thanks in advance for all feedback & advice.

#305076 - 01/09/06 09:23 AM Re: T2 MS02 Satelite Spkr Brackets compatible with T1 Satellite Speakers?
johnkn7 Offline

Loc: Springfield, MA, USA
Quote:

Can someone here who owns (or has owned) BOTH: the Tyros1 TRS-MS01's and Tyros2 TRS-MS02's satellite speakers, verify if, except for the way they attach to the keyboard itself, that their quick release satellite speaker bracket assemblies are identical & interchangeable?[/B]

I spent 25 minutes on the phone with Yamaha Parts this morning, on this same issue. Got nowhere ... runaround ... call got transfered between different people, but of no help. I was finally told that the mounts were not compatible! But I don't believe they understood the question. I couldn't spend anymore time on the phone. Try again later ... John

#305077 - 01/10/06 09:29 AM Re: T2 MS02 Satelite Spkr Brackets compatible with T1 Satellite Speakers?
Scottyee Offline

Heads up: Just got confirmation from someone who owns both the TRS-MS01 & TRS-MS02 speaker systems, that their satellite speaker brackets are indeed compatible (interchangeable). - Scott

#305078 - 01/11/06 08:16 AM Re: T2 MS02 Satelite Spkr Brackets compatible with T1 Satellite Speakers?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI SCOTT,
I would like to get a pair of those mounting adapters to mount the two Logitech Z2300 speakers on. Can you put up a good picture of one of those adapters and a location to buy them.
Thanks,
Bebop

#305079 - 01/11/06 08:27 AM Re: T2 MS02 Satelite Spkr Brackets compatible with T1 Satellite Speakers?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Bebop,

Yep....me too. I use the Z2300's. I currently have them mounted on floor standing speaker stands, but when I do Wedding Cocktail hours, I would like to mount them right on the keyboard so I don't have the cart the stands with me.

If you find out where and how much, I'd like to buy a pair myself.

Rgds,
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#305080 - 01/12/06 01:25 PM Re: T2 MS02 Satelite Spkr Brackets compatible with T1 Satellite Speakers?
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:

Can you put up a good picture of one of those adapters and a location to buy them.

Speaker Stand Assembly (part #WF237400

Bebop, if you need the quick release adapter parts for attaching to your Logitech (or speaker other than TRS-MS01/MOS02, you'll need the following adapter parts as well:

WF887300 Table
WF887400 Lever

Unfortunately, this will end up being very pricy, as Yamaha parts are prohibitively expensive (aka: over priced) as so typical of manufacterer replacement parts. If still interested, they can be ordered from Yamaha USA: Parts Dept.

Scott

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online