SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304899 - 02/06/06 09:37 AM Free New songs on Yamaha IDC Site
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Just a heads up there are some new songs available for download for free from the Yamaha IDC site. These are protected and connot be shared unless you download to your keyboard.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#304900 - 02/06/06 08:51 PM Re: Free New songs on Yamaha IDC Site
BobT2 Offline

This is one area I have not yet explored with my Tyros 2.
Since updates can be obtained without connecting the T2 to the internet of what value is the site? I am not in any way implying that it does not have value. Rather, there is so much new about the T2 that the feature of internet access from the keyboard has been low on my totem pole.

#304901 - 02/07/06 03:51 AM Re: Free New songs on Yamaha IDC Site
kbrkr Offline

Bob,

Fair question. I think the Yamaha IDC site has limitless potential value to a keyboard owner. However, I feel it's currently underutilized and because of that, the site seems like it's only there to make money for Yamaha in selling Preminum Styles and Songs.

However, with that said, it is really a great place to add new styles and songs to your Tyros (1 or 2). I feel Yamaha will be adding more and more value to this site by offering more sounds, custom voices, wave samples, more premium and contemporary styles.

One area that I found interesting is there is a section where you can upload your compositions and share them with the Yamaha community. You can preview and download songs from other users and rate them and have your own songs rated as well.

There is also a great section on teaching and learning allowing you to take lessons on line with your keyboard. This is a great feature, but one I have only scratched the surface. The amazing thing about this is you can do all this from the keyboard using a wireless internet connection!!!!

Fantastic stuff if Yamaha ever gets it right. I wish I were King for a day and I were put in charge of Yamaha customer experience and internet marketing. I would beef up this area for the end user. Oh well...

Al

#304902 - 02/07/06 05:29 PM Re: Free New songs on Yamaha IDC Site
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Please don't scoff at the Yamaha IDC styles for sale. The demos don't do them justice. They are tops. It's about time Yamaha started doing something useful in the aftermarket. My PSR3000 had an internet connection, but I never felt is was supported enough or had much to offer. I've been an XGworks fan for years. I've always felt that Yamaha had the attitude that it never even existed................This Tyros2 IDC is a vast improvement. I hope they continue with the quality of the premium styles they are offering. -charley

#304903 - 02/07/06 07:59 PM Re: Free New songs on Yamaha IDC Site
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I've downloaded a few of the Yamaha IDC styles, both 'premium' & regular. Though a bit pricey (at 6.95 for 'premium' & 4.95 for the rest), I think the brand new 'premium styles' (currently 21 offered) sound as impressive as the terrific sounding preset internal Tyros2 styles. On the other hand, the 29 remaining styles (at 4.95/each) appear basically just re-hashed styles already previously available for Tyros1. Strangely enough, the 4.95 styles don't even include OTS (1-4) settings, as they originally did when offered for Tyros1.

The primary advantage the 4.95 styles have compared to the original Tyros1 versions is that their balance levels may be better tweaked to match Tyros2, and they also offer nice new and/or altered intros/endings.

Scott

#304904 - 02/16/06 01:43 PM Re: Free New songs on Yamaha IDC Site
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I've downloaded 3 of the premium styles since a few on here said they were very good. The demos really should be longer and show off the different variations. Yamaha are not providing enough of the style to warrant a purchase in most cases. The 3 I purchased were mainly because I liked the intro and the feel of the style, but these were really a shot in the dark as to how they actually progressed using the different variations and fill ins.
Come on Yamaha get providing a better service to the T2 owners and make the demos longer.

#304905 - 02/17/06 03:22 AM Re: Free New songs on Yamaha IDC Site
kbrkr Offline

Craig,

I couldn't agree with you more. Some of those demos are just play comical as they cut off early, some don't even play the MAIN portion of the style. What's with that?

I really think the IDC site could be so much more.

Make it happen, Yamaha!!!

Al

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online