Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#304818 - 11/20/05 04:40 AM 2/4 fill-in OPTION WANTED FOR TYROS2
ChokDK Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi all..
Sorry for yelling , but this can't be said clear enough:
Why don't Yamaha make an option for 2/4 fill-in's?
When playing with style(s), there's a lot of melodies that can't be play the way they should because of the lack of this little half-bar option is missing.
"Song song blue"
"Cottonfields"
Grateful Dead: Viola Lee Blues, Cream Puff War, Blues For Allah Playing In The Band
"Knowing me knowing you"
+ a lot of others..
Some danish melodies who needs the 2/4 fill-in:
"Bonsoir madame" (Big Fat Snake)
"Hva' gør vi nu" (Kim Larsen)
Many of these songs are higly wanted at the dance floor, so this should be implemented in the software update.
Tyros3 should have a button for this

I've heard Yamaha is gathering information for a software update, so PLEASE AD YOUR OPPINION/COMMENT ON THIS ONE, add more melodies that miss that 2/4 fill-in.
might be they read this tread and kindly add it as a software opportunity???
Regards..
Chris Hansen/ ChokDK

[This message has been edited by ChokDK (edited 11-20-2005).]

#304819 - 11/23/05 07:00 PM Re: 2/4 fill-in OPTION WANTED FOR TYROS2
ChokDK Offline

ERhmm..
Nobody miss that option??
Nobody wants to play those melodies on Tyros?
Please don't just "jump" those melodies - Go say what you feel about this missing option
Regards...
Chris Hansen / ChokDK

#304820 - 11/23/05 09:07 PM Re: 2/4 fill-in OPTION WANTED FOR TYROS2
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
i don't have the problem because I use OMB software arranger and I can virtually have a different time signature for each variation.

Wondering if maybe a way round it would be to create a 2/4 style and use the registrations to switch between the 2/4 & 4/4 styles?? Don't know if that would work??

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChokDK:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#304821 - 11/24/05 02:35 AM Re: 2/4 fill-in OPTION WANTED FOR TYROS2
Bubbi Offline

Loc: Keflavik, Iceland
I miss this option. I used it very often with my old Roland arrangers. There's lot of songs that I can't play live because this feature is missing.

#304822 - 11/24/05 10:55 AM Re: 2/4 fill-in OPTION WANTED FOR TYROS2
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
I always have a problem with a '2 beat bar' in Randy Crawford's 'Streetlife' which is awkward to get out of as it comes when there is a lot of keyboard parts to cover, its a scramble to hit the sync start/stop button, lift off the keys in a split second and restart on the beat again without a glitch...there also a 2 beat bar in 'The Look of Love'
Even the singers I work with sometimes slip 2 beats, so they're singing on the 3rd beat as if it was the first beat of the bar...a terrible mess...so come on Yamaha take note! Roland have had a '1st beat reset' button for years, sadly the problem continues on the TY2.

#304823 - 11/24/05 11:20 AM Re: 2/4 fill-in OPTION WANTED FOR TYROS2
ChokDK Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pasadoble:
I always have a problem with a '2 beat bar' in Randy Crawford's 'Streetlife' which is awkward to get out of as it comes when there is a lot of keyboard parts to cover, its a scramble to hit the sync start/stop button, lift off the keys in a split second and restart on the beat again without a glitch...there also a 2 beat bar in 'The Look of Love'
Even the singers I work with sometimes slip 2 beats, so they're singing on the 3rd beat as if it was the first beat of the bar...a terrible mess...so come on Yamaha take note! Roland have had a '1st beat reset' button for years, sadly the problem continues on the TY2.
Thank you - this starts looking like a growing tread
I know people who are going to try to work out a software solution (thank you!), but still - guess this will never be a real substitute - "outside" software can't point on the last two bars as far as I know.

BUT - let's hope that Yamaha have time for this now, as it seemes that none or just few errors has occoured on the OS of Tyros2 (fantastic job, Yamaha!).
I've been writing an email to Yamaha about 2/4 fill-in, but I guess it was for the "wrong" department *G*
A real built-in solution will safe us "style players" from life situations (songs, medleys, tempo shifts etc) - and beside that we'll be able to play those (also) wonderful pieces who need 2/4 somewhere.
If they made a free choice of 1/4, 2/4 etc this would turn Tyros2 to be an even much stronger musical instrument than it is already.
Please continue writing - guess Yamaha ARE following forums somewhere? *G*
BTW - "The look of love" is SUCH a wonderful piece of music.
Why do we have to miss that one (and more!) for dinner?
Regards..
ChrisH

------------------
"..tell Tchaikovsky the news.." wink

#304824 - 11/24/05 12:45 PM Re: 2/4 fill-in OPTION WANTED FOR TYROS2
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
I really missed this feature when I changed from Roland G1000 to Tyros, and I really do not understand why Yamaha do not add it. Another great feature of the G1000 was the way you could set exactly the amount of rit and acc which would allow you to easily slow down a passage and then smoothly return to the original tempo with one button push.

I find I have to just play through the 2/4 measure. Many of the Tyros 1 styles the 1st beat is not so strong that it really notices that you are off beat. Ideally I am looking for an opportunity to get back to the beat. If there is another 2/4 measure soon, you're in luck and noone would have noticed. Otherwise look for an opportunity to pause briefly, as if interpreting a fermata.........

I deally though I agree with you. It would be a great feature for Yamaha to add. Does anyone know if they have ever included it on their keyboards.

#304825 - 12/01/05 01:24 PM Re: 2/4 fill-in OPTION WANTED FOR TYROS2
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Hi

I have just created a software program to create half bar fills and breaks.

It is free (donation ware) and can be found here http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/filledit/index.htm

Since we do not have a button to get half bar breaks it must be preprogrammed in the style.

Regards
Jørgen

#304826 - 12/02/05 10:11 AM Re: 2/4 fill-in OPTION WANTED FOR TYROS2
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Jørgen Sørensen:

Jørgen, leave it to you to come to the rescue with a Yamaha style software solution. Many thanks for your continued generousity to the Yamaha arranger community.

Ok, I'm wondering now if it would be possible to further enhance your program to allow for adding other single/multiple measure time signature changes as well: ei: 5/4, 3/2, etc. As many of us know, quite a few Beatles tunes include single/multiple measure time signature changes. For example:

"Blackbird" goes from 3/4 to 4/4, 3/2, and then back to 4/4.

"Across The Universe: is 4/4, with a single measure of 5/4, and measures of 2/4 at the coda.

Currently, I must adapt these tunes to a single time signature feel when playing on my arranger kb. I would love to be able to play these now as John & Paul had originally intended. - Scott

#304827 - 12/02/05 12:06 PM Re: 2/4 fill-in OPTION WANTED FOR TYROS2
ChokDK Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jørgen Sørensen:
Hi

It is free (donation ware) and can be found here http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/filledit/index.htm

Since we do not have a button to get half bar breaks it must be preprogrammed in the style.

Regards
Jørgen
Hi all.. Jørgen...
I've tested this software, and it is the best so far to "emulate" a real 2/4 button.
It's really great work!
Try it out - it's simple to use and don't take many seconds to create a possible 2/4 fill-in (free choise for A,B,C,D, Break or in between)
Useful for playing (for instance):
"My girl and me"
"Knowing me knowing you"
"If you leave me know"
Lots and lots of other melodies..

You got to be careful about timing, but that's not the program's "fault", but the way Yamaha keyboards react.
** Worth a donation ** I must say
Have fun..
Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online