SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304810 - 12/03/05 07:04 AM Thinking of cancelling Tyros2 order...
ccdmax Offline

Loc: South Jersey
Hey guys,

I have ordered some time ago the Tyros2 from DanO. Haven't received it yet, and now I seriously consider cancelling the order. It's not because I haven't got it yet, it's because of the things I have recently experienced.
I had received the PA1X Pro while waiting for my Yammie, started to play with it and totally fell in love with Korg systems. The things I can do with PA1X Pro, I could never imagined and they're more than I ever need for the things I'm trying to accomplish. Second, I have been able to play the Yamaha PSR3000 and original Tyros... great machines believe me... but after spending about half an hour drooling... I wanted to play my Korg, 'cause everything sounded and felt like an "uber" Casio...
To me they felt like a home, plastic, overpriced never move me or you'll break me keyboards.

I don't know, it might be just me... so help me out here guys.
Any suggestions/tips from anyone that ownes both PA1X Pro and Tyros2 ?

Thanks for listening and anything you send my way

ccdmax

------------------
Yamaha PSR9000, PSR730, Korg PA1X Pro, Karma, X5D, Yamaha Tyros2 on it's way

[This message has been edited by ccdmax (edited 12-03-2005).]

#304811 - 12/03/05 08:20 AM Re: Thinking of cancelling Tyros2 order...
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Your patience will be rewarded, so wait for the Tyros 2 then be prepared to stick your Korg back into its box/flight case.
Failing that, ring DanO and tell him to get off his butt and tell you why you're waiting lol

#304812 - 12/03/05 09:52 AM Re: Thinking of cancelling Tyros2 order...
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
ccdmax. Perhaps it's fate telling that you should stick with the PAX...I would if I was in your shoes.

#304813 - 12/03/05 10:40 AM Re: Thinking of cancelling Tyros2 order...
ccdmax Offline

Loc: South Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
ccdmax. Perhaps it's fate telling that you should stick with the PAX...I would if I was in your shoes.

Well, I've done it...
I have cancelled the order for Tyros2. After playing the Korgs for a few years and after playing my first Korg arranger the PA1X Pro... you can say I'm a Korg guy

I'm done with Yamahas... not that there is anything wrong with them, but lately I've noticed, I'm forcing myself to like them.
So... my PSR9000 I'm giving to my father for christmas (it was his dream keyboard since the day I got it), and the PSR730 will hit the ebay in a few days (once I'll find a box large enough to fit it in for shipment. )

So here I stand... PA1X Pro has blown me away with all it's features, expandabilities, styles and support. When I play it... it follows me, when I play my Yammies... I always follow them. That's the feeling I get.

Now the only thing to do is... enjoy my PA1X Pro, Sell my Karma and X5D so I can get the Triton Extreme and... change my handle to... The_KORG_Guy ... just kidding

cheers,

ccdmax

------------------
Korg PA1X Pro, Karma, X5D, Yamaha PSR9000, PSR730

#304814 - 12/03/05 12:49 PM Re: Thinking of cancelling Tyros2 order...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
ccdmax, you may have going to the top of the class[as in school]...at the very least you have a front row seat next to Ketron and Roland!!!

#304815 - 12/03/05 01:11 PM Re: Thinking of cancelling Tyros2 order...
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Fran, I thought you weren't going to comment on this topic....hmmmm couldn't resist couldn't you?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online