SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304440 - 08/29/06 05:23 AM Tyros2 missing feature......perhaps in next OS update...
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi:

I sometimes I am busy with both hands and can NOT leave the keys to change registration, and as a former Ketron user, I did use the shift for next registration, NOT BANK....example, if I am in registration # 2 and need to go to # 3, I wish they add to the pedal assignement this feature, I also remember when I had the Yamaha Electone EL 90, it did had that feature besides the registration secuencer too.
I know that is posible to add this important feature, many players like Tapas and Bobby Van besides myself and many others here in Phoenix, have their T2s conected to a Digital piano, and this will enable to do it without have to use the MFX10, and still the only way around of that is to make a registration secuence, so we can kiss goodbye to realtime control if is not pre-programed.

#304441 - 08/29/06 08:44 AM Re: Tyros2 missing feature......perhaps in next OS update...
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Can be done on a Ty1, so surely on Ty2. Walter.

#304442 - 08/29/06 09:15 AM Re: Tyros2 missing feature......perhaps in next OS update...
mdorantes Offline

Not in Tyros2!

#304443 - 08/29/06 12:04 PM Re: Tyros2 missing feature......perhaps in next OS update...
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
Hi mdorantes.
You are right in saying that the pedal assignment does not include registration + or -, it only has OTS + and - in there.
Also the octave + and - isn't assignable to a foot pedal, this also makes it tricky having to do it by hand when playing piano pieces meant for 88 notes and not 61.
Surely adding these should be easy in a future OS update.

#304444 - 08/29/06 12:06 PM Re: Tyros2 missing feature......perhaps in next OS update...
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
If we are on about the same thing. Inst. book, page 173, then set up pedal??? Walter.

#304445 - 08/29/06 02:53 PM Re: Tyros2 missing feature......perhaps in next OS update...
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Walter, that's the registration sequence.
I think mdorantes is referring to the list of pedal settings under the Function then controller settings or that's what I read it as at first?
You are spot on though about page 173 if you pre program a sequence, you can make it jump from say 1 to 3 to 5.
I'd like to see it on the controller option instead so you can go up or down without having to program a sequence in first.

#304446 - 08/29/06 09:31 PM Re: Tyros2 missing feature......perhaps in next OS update...
mdorantes Offline

I stand correct.....Walter, the topic you make reference is Secuence Registration, not the Real Time function I describe, this feature was available in the Yamaha Electones since the HS-HX, US1, AR AND EL series, it was called "shift registration" it did also had the secuence registration, so Yamaha has knowledge of this very handy feature when your hands are literaly "tie", this function is available in the arrangers Ketron MS, SD1s, X1, XD, etc....
The feature I would like to see in the next T2 O.S. update.

#304447 - 09/11/06 09:30 AM Re: Tyros2 missing feature......perhaps in next OS update...
mdorantes Offline

I hope Someone in Yamaha see this post, I think this is an important feature to add, so, please, consider it.

#304448 - 11/20/06 07:34 PM Re: Tyros2 missing feature......perhaps in next OS update...
mdorantes Offline

I just hope that Yamaha includes this feature in the next OS, I know that the Stageas have it, and even the D-Deck has it too, is a very useful feature for complex or fast registration changes.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online