SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304372 - 07/23/06 01:57 AM Tyros 2 SA Voice Sax (breath effect)
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
I've listened to the Tyros 2 breath effect when using the SA sax voice, I've read you assign the effect to a pedal, but can you for instance assign this function to say Multi Pads, or a certain key, say the highest note?

Kind regards to all

Peter

#304373 - 07/23/06 04:17 AM Re: Tyros 2 SA Voice Sax (breath effect)
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Good question Peter. Without looking into this more I'm not too sure how to asnwer this fully. I find triggering the SA effects with a pedal works best for me. I'm almost certain you can't set it to the highest note, but if you recorded the breath effect for example into your PC, you could easily convert it into a wav file and then load it back into the T2 and make it into a custom TVN sound or use it in a multi pad.
I've managed to get the thunder and lightening sample I wanted, I've made this into a wav so I've just got to get it back into the T2, but I'm positive this can be set up as one of the multipad buttons as it mentions this in the instruction book.
Scott Yee is also trying to make some custom effects so if he reads this he could help.

#304374 - 07/23/06 04:35 AM Re: Tyros 2 SA Voice Sax (breath effect)
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Good question Peter. Without looking into this more I'm not too sure how to asnwer this fully. I find triggering the SA effects with a pedal works best for me. I'm almost certain you can't set it to the highest note, but if you recorded the breath effect for example into your PC, you could easily convert it into a wav file and then load it back into the T2 and make it into a custom TVN sound or use it in a multi pad.
I've managed to get the thunder and lightening sample I wanted, I've made this into a wav so I've just got to get it back into the T2, but I'm positive this can be set up as one of the multipad buttons as it mentions this in the instruction book.
Scott Yee is also trying to make some custom effects so if he reads this he could help.

Thank you once again Craig for your advice, thoughts, etc.

I'm still awaiting delivery of my Tyros 2 so in the meantime trying to sort out a few things. You mention Craig possibly using a recording of the Breath as a custom TVM sound. Can you load in these custom TVM sounds into the internal memory? or do you need a hard drive?

For me to have the breath sound in the Multi pads would be best, that way I can keep my two pedals assigned as I've always had them.

Thanks again Craig

Peter

#304375 - 07/23/06 05:09 AM Re: Tyros 2 SA Voice Sax (breath effect)
Craig_UK Offline

You could in theory keep the TVN's on a USB stick as they load into the T2's memory.
I think it's only about 4mb internal for your own wavs (I know it's small) before adding any extra dimm chips in there, so any huge sized sample wouldn't work unless you add some extra memory. The breath noise should only be small anyway when it's a wav file.
If you do get any extra memory don't go getting 2 lots of 512mb as that's overkill.
2 x 64mb or 2 x 128mb chips should be enough because it takes ages to load in large samples anyway.
Hard drive is great for doing your own recording on and saving custom voices etc. If you don't plan on using one to record your own compositions onto, a decent sized USB stick would still do the trick if you just want to load and save sounds/styles.
I've got 128 TVN sounds (which is the most you can load into the T2 in one go), 800 styles (most edited and some my own) about 600 voices that I've edited and loads of my own all stored onto a 512mb USB and I don't even think it's used 100mb of that.
All of my sounds load as soon as I turn on the T2 in less than 10 seconds and any of the other sounds and styles are available from the USB stick at the touch of a button, very quickly.
I can of course put these onto my hard drive to make them load quicker but at the moment I'm editing loads so it's easier to have them on USB to get back into the PC.
It's all good stuff and easy to use and set up, you'll love it.
If you need any help and you use Skype, myself, Scott Yee and some others are on there almost every day.
I'm Craig_MrT2

#304376 - 07/24/06 03:36 AM Re: Tyros 2 SA Voice Sax (breath effect)
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Peter,

I'm pretty sure there is already a multi-pad effects bank that already has the breath sounds that you are seeking. I don't think they control the SA sounds, but they simply playback the breath sounds.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#304377 - 07/24/06 05:01 AM Re: Tyros 2 SA Voice Sax (breath effect)
Craig_UK Offline

There is a multipad with 4 different breath sounds which is called breathing. I'm not sure if it's the same breath noise as the SA, to me the multipad sound seems far louder and just a little different.

#304378 - 07/25/06 12:31 AM Re: Tyros 2 SA Voice Sax (breath effect)
Peter Lowden Offline

Many thanks Craig and Al for the advice.

There seems to be quite a few options available, that's great.

Thanks again

Peter

#304379 - 07/28/06 08:20 PM Re: Tyros 2 SA Voice Sax (breath effect)
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi

It sounds like some of you are using the pedal for the SA voices. I just kind of shrugged them off after I heard a few and didn't see a point in them.

I'd be curious to hear how some of you might be using them though to your advantage and/or what your opinion is of those sounds like the knocking sound on the guitar or the breath for the trumpet or sax. I'll have to admit when I heard the breath on the trumpet (I play trumpet) I just wondered why they put such a dumb effect on such a great instrument.I may want to change my pedal setting one day and test them again as I am open minded.

Scott

#304380 - 07/29/06 03:33 AM Re: Tyros 2 SA Voice Sax (breath effect)
Craig_UK Offline

I think the only sound effect I trigger with the pedal is the one on the distorted guitar sounds, where you get a heavy metal run down sound. It's very rare I trigger the breath effects as to me they are nothing more than gimmicks and spoil the great SA sounds.

#304381 - 07/29/06 06:48 AM Re: Tyros 2 SA Voice Sax (breath effect)
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Scott: I'm with you. I use the SA voices but the effects (breath, knock) are a gimmick, not worthy of bringing an extra pedal to gigs. If there was a button to activate the effect from the keyboard I might on rare occasion use it. Buy no great lose.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online