SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304247 - 08/06/06 01:41 AM Help please! Converting KN7000 Style
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
I'm hoping someone can help me, i'm wishing to convert a 6/8 March style from my KN7000 to use on my Tyros 2.

The Kn7000 6/8 style contains some useful accompaniment parts that i'm sure would enhance the onboard Tyros 2 6/8 March style.

Is there anyone who could convert the style for me?

Many thanks as always for any help that can be given.

Kind regards

Peter

#304248 - 08/06/06 03:13 PM Re: Help please! Converting KN7000 Style
sonaroid Offline

Loc: Russia
You have to convert KN's style into midi file first. I don't know if there is such a converter. At least you can record KN7000 playing Cmaj7 in real time to sequenser. Then you insert markers such as "Main A", "Main B" and so on. Save midi file and rename its extension from .mid to .sty.

#304249 - 08/08/06 04:53 PM Re: Help please! Converting KN7000 Style
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Peter,
kn7's don't convert terribly well.
I have EMC universal, was there more than one 6/8 march style in the kn7? I sold mine a couple of years back & I can't remember. I think I've still got my styles.

If the style doesn't convert properly, you may be able to use some of the tracks by
replacing some of the original Tyros2 march tracks with converted technics tracks. I think you can do it using Style Assembly function in your Tyros??.
Unfortunately I don't have one to try it on.

I would need to know how long each of the tyros 6/8 march variations are ie are they 2, 4, 8 bars long?? as I'd have to adjust the converted style accordingly if you want to use the style assembly function.

best wishes
Rikki

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/makingstyles/

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
[b]

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 08-08-2006).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#304250 - 08/08/06 10:37 PM Re: Help please! Converting KN7000 Style
Peter Lowden Offline

Many thanks for the replys,

The method you describe Rikki of importing accompaniment parts from converted technics styles is exactly how in the past i've used KN7000 acc parts, unfortunately the style I have is not an onboard 6/8 style so i'll need to get it to you.

I'll make a note of the onboard Tyros 2 6/8 March variation lengths, and then get back to you

Really appreciate your offer to help with this Rikki, be in touch soon.

Kind regards

Peter

#304251 - 08/08/06 11:14 PM Re: Help please! Converting KN7000 Style
Peter Lowden Offline

H Rikki,

I've located the 6/8 March style from the KN7000 and it's ready to send to you. I've also gathered the following info you requested:

6/8 March (Tyros 2)

Intro 1 = 1 Bar Length
Intro 2 = 2 "
Intro 3 = 3 4

Variation A = 4
Var A fill = 1

Variation B = 4
Var B fil = 1

Variation C = 4
Var C fill = 1

Variation D = 4
Var D fill = 1

Ending 1 = 1
End 2 = 2
End 3 = 2

Is it possible for you to email me so as I can send you the file, peterloudon@onwight.net

Many many thanks

Peter

#304252 - 08/09/06 03:38 PM Re: Help please! Converting KN7000 Style
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Peter,
I just went thru my Technics styles ( I had the internal ones). Hope one of these two is it. ( I just emailed them)
If not, send yours thru. We're going away for a couple of days, so just in case I didn't get yours before we left, I thought I'd send you these.

---------------------------------------------

Hi Peter ,
I've emailed you.
Probably can't do much with Intro's & Endings, as they've usually got chord progressions, so can't really mix n match them up. With a bit of luck they may convert ok.

The rest should be ok.

Have you considered turning some of them into a multipad ( apparently not that difficult for a psr, though I've never tried it, as my OMB arranger software doesn't play multipads, so not much use to me.

I used to turn some of the psr style parts into multipads for the technics.
I used to just mute 1 or 2 of the technics tracks and use a multipad instead. This way I was able to try it with several different styles.
Amazing how it can change the overall feel of a style.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
[B]H Rikki,

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 08-09-2006).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online