I have a Yamaha PSR 540 keyboard and have recorded and saved a song onto a floppy disk using the onboard disk drive. I used one of the the autoaccompaniment style settings to record the song and have sent this to Cubasis v on my pc via the 'line in' . I used channels 1 and 2 to record this in stereo as audio tracks.

I then recorded a few piano notes directly from the PSR 540 onto channel 3 of Cubasis, again using the 'line in' and in audio, and all three tracks play back fine together. I then tried to record a short harmonica part directly from the PSR 540 onto channel 4 as audio, again using the 'line in' to the pc. However, this time, it hasn't recorded. A small letter 'm' appears in the M column immediately I click on track 4 in order to start recording. I realise that this is the 'mute' column which you can choose to use after recording and if doing so, a large round circle appears - but this is a small 'm' which appears without me doing anything, apart from clicking channel 4 before starting to record.

I can't see that I'm doing anything differerent to when I set up Channel 3 to record. I'd appreciate any advice on why I can't record on this channel i.e. Channel 4, and the relevance of the small letter 'm' . Thanks.

Peter Dunn