SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#304198 - 11/09/05 11:03 AM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI CHAS,
I loaded the midi drivers into the pc first thing. I cheked in Cakewalk deluxe pro audio v 9 that I use and they do not show up there where i can choose them.
They do show up in the contol panel and it states they are enabled and working fine. DUH
I am unable to even play a midi file from the computer using windows media player.
Any more ideas/
Bill

#304199 - 11/09/05 11:20 AM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
When you double click on the Yamaha MIDI-USB driver icon in Contol Panel, does it pop up a message box saying "Yamaha USB MIDI device is not connected"? If so, try plugging the USB cable into a different USB port on your computer.

Did you see the "new Device Found - Tyros" when you plug your USB cable into your computer? I am assuming you are running XP?

Tom G.

#304200 - 11/09/05 12:15 PM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
One other thing.....in addition to Tom's suggestions above, on the Tyros itself, control MUST be set to LOCAL OFF in order to use it as just a tone generator (midi playback module). This will, of course, disable the keyboard (see page 215 of the manual). Nearly everything related to midi tx and rx is on pages 210-218. Hope this helps.

chas

#304201 - 11/09/05 01:00 PM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TomTomSF:
When you double click on the Yamaha MIDI-USB driver icon in Contol Panel, does it pop up a message box saying "Yamaha USB MIDI device is not connected"? If so, try plugging the USB cable into a different USB port on your computer.

Did you see the "new Device Found - Tyros" when you plug your USB cable into your computer? I am assuming you are running XP?

Tom G.

HI Tom,
yes I get "Yamaha USB MIDI device is not connected"
I have plugged the usb cable into a different port in the computer. I have also changed the cable.
when I first plugged it in I did get the New device found.
I am running XP in the computer.
I looked at this driver and I c that it is version 2.1.3 and the copyright is dated 1999 to 2004, and is NOT digitally signed. I wonder if this is the right driver for this new Tyros 2. I also wonder if the driver on the cd is defective.
Without this driver I am unable to use the voice editor either.
Whatcha think guys??
PS: Incidently Tom, the keyboard is plugged into the same usb port with the same usb cable that has been playing files in the KN7000 for about 2 years now without problems.
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 11-09-2005).]

#304202 - 11/09/05 01:05 PM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
TomTomSF Offline

Bill

I think you should call DanO or call Yamaha. If they can not help you, maybe there is something wrong with your Tyros2 (hope not). The original Tyros keyboards had faulty USB ports and had to be replaced. Sorry I don't have any other suggestions right now.

Tom G.

#304203 - 11/09/05 01:16 PM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
TomTomSF Offline

One last thing. Did you follow the specific directions for installing the driver over at the Yamaha website? I sent you the link to the step by step instructions in a private email. If you don't do exactly as this says, step by step, it won't work.

Maybe you installed without following these directions? Could that be the problem?

Tom G.

#304204 - 11/09/05 01:25 PM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
BEBOP Offline

Tom,
those were the same instructions I received withd the keyboard and the cd rom to install the driver.
Bill

#304205 - 11/09/05 01:30 PM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
TomTomSF Offline

Ok, well... time to get a hold of your dealer and/or customer support.

Tom G.

#304206 - 11/09/05 02:10 PM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
BEBOP Offline

Tom,
thanks for all your advice. I did get hold of DAN in the beginning and he sent my problem on to Steve Deming, who then phoned me and said the Ty 2 would not function as a sound system for the computer.
OK, I accept that but this driver still has to install in order to use other functions like the voice editor etc.
I give it up here and will send a letter to Yam support and see what they have to say.
I think this is either the wrong driver or the driver is corrupted. I have installed it several times as directed. Each install just overwrites the prior install. There is only one set of drivers in this computer for Yamaha.
I just tried moving the usb connection from the hub in the front of the computer to the hub on the rear of the computer and that did not help either.
Thanks again,
Chas, Setting the keyboard to local contol would work if the driver would work but without a driver nothing is going to happen.
Thanks to you too,
Bebop

#304207 - 11/09/05 02:13 PM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
veneman Offline

Loc: Mierlo, the Netherlands
The first check to see whether your USB connection between TYROS and PC is oke is to keep MusicFinder Button pressed while switching on your Tyros (2). (if you have a harddisk) Then you must in windows XP explorer see an extra harddisk which is your TYROS harddisk.

How to use your TYROS for sounds?
Yes the TYROS and USB drivers do not support wave or other sounds, but for a long time I connected the Line output of the PC soundcard to the TYROS line input and could so play all sounds (wave, MP3 etc) via the TYROS sound system.

Cheers Jaap

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online