SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304136 - 08/23/06 10:27 PM Tyros 2 wave samples
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy wave samples of choir voices etc.

I've found the one weak point on the Tyros 2 for me is the onboard vocal voices, Yamaha have a long way to go here!

Kind regards to all

Peter L

#304137 - 08/24/06 05:42 AM Re: Tyros 2 wave samples
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
Hello Peter.
No company that I know of has produced any sample WAV's of choirs for the T2 yet.
Irishacts do superb samples for the Korg arrangers and keyboards and they are currently looking into the possibility of creating new samples for the T2.
If you look at
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/013806.html

you can go to their web site to hear the stuff they do for Korg and I should also add to that thread you are interested, as the more names the bigger chance we all have of getting a result. I'd buy some of their samples straight away if they did T2 sounds.
I should also load the PC editing software and play with that. I've created quite a few choir sounds which are far better than the internal ones. It's easy to use and the results if you put some time into learning how to use the editor can be fantastic.

#304138 - 08/25/06 02:49 AM Re: Tyros 2 wave samples
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by T42:
Hello Peter.
No company that I know of has produced any sample WAV's of choirs for the T2 yet.
Irishacts do superb samples for the Korg arrangers and keyboards and they are currently looking into the possibility of creating new samples for the T2.
If you look at
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/013806.html

you can go to their web site to hear the stuff they do for Korg and I should also add to that thread you are interested, as the more names the bigger chance we all have of getting a result. I'd buy some of their samples straight away if they did T2 sounds.
I should also load the PC editing software and play with that. I've created quite a few choir sounds which are far better than the internal ones. It's easy to use and the results if you put some time into learning how to use the editor can be fantastic.

Thanks so much for the info etc, I've gone already and registered my interest in the samples, GREAT STUFF!!!

Hope things get moving fast

All the best

Peter

[This message has been edited by Peter Lowden (edited 08-25-2006).]

#304139 - 08/25/06 11:54 PM Re: Tyros 2 wave samples
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi
Not sure how the T2 sampler works, but if it accepts Wav files you could try this site, http://www.timespace.com/index1.asp?ID=prosamples select WAV in the format box and do a search.
Hope this helps.

Bill

#304140 - 08/26/06 02:52 AM Re: Tyros 2 wave samples
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
Hello Bill.
Thanks for the link, I know that company very well and have used them in the past when I had Kurzweil and Korg synths.
The T2 uses WAV and AIFF formats.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online