SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#30412 - 07/25/07 07:44 PM q for donny re styles
miden Offline

Loc: The World
hi donny,
just wanted to ask the easiest way to remove something from an existing style? i have been into pattern edit but it seems to just give the option to remove a complete section (ie A, B C or D) rather than just one part...
thanks
denis

#30413 - 07/27/07 12:26 PM Re: q for donny re styles
miden Offline

well the "prosecution" rests!!!two questions i have posed on this ketron forum (not specifically at donny mind you), and further questions on the "other" forum, with not one response in either...just re-inforces the fact that whilst ketron boards are good, there is just not much in the way of support (and donny this does NOT mean support from you!! it just means ketron owners in general, most of whom i suspect never really get much deeper than the power on/off button and a style number)....but no matter, i am finding most of these things out now for myself plus a few other tricks and shortcuts,
we're done..

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 07-27-2007).]

#30414 - 07/27/07 06:18 PM Re: q for donny re styles
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dennis,
not sure if it's the easiest way.
Do a complete global "copy" of the pattern you want to edit.
Go into the "record " section of pattern edit & "clear" the track you want to get rid of & save. (It asks what data in the track you want to get rid of, use "global " as it, I beleive , will clear the track completely.)

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by miden:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#30415 - 07/27/07 06:46 PM Re: q for donny re styles
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dennis,
not sure if a lot of the ketron owners actually do a lot of style editing /creating.
A lot of the members in the Yahoo Ketron group seem to use their Ketrons for midifiles. Not much talk about patterns.
I've dropped a lot of the groups I belonged to. Decided to have a break.

I ran a style making group for a year or so, originally started it for Ketron's, but then included other brands to try & boost the numbers. 300 plus members , the lack of participation was underwhelming, so I closed it down a couple of weeks back.

Doubt people are actually ignoring questions, maybe they don't know the answers, because it's something that doesn't really interest them as such, so they haven't tried to learn how certain functions work..

There's a lot of stuff I haven't bothered exploring on my sd1 ie the sequencer for one. I prefer editing in a pc sequencer, yet I playback midifiles directly in the sd1.
I wouldn't have a clue how the harmonizer works, I don't sing , so not much use to me. etc etc

I did do a bit of exploration on the sd's style creation functions in the early stages ( a year or so ago), forgotten most of what I learnt by now, as of late I've mainly been using it as a soundsource & controller for BIAB. I'm going through a BIAB phase currently.

If I can be of any help, let me know, the old brain may start ticking over again haahaa

best wishes
Rikki

[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#30416 - 07/27/07 11:36 PM Re: q for donny re styles
miden Offline

hi rikki,
oops my bad, i did forget about you..you are always one to pitch in and help when needed..yeah i noticed the styles yahoo group close, its good to know the reason so thanks for saying...in regard to my original post...its just frustrating sometimes.... it is usually the simplest thing, and as i am brand new to ketron methodology, a tip from an old hand can be very time-saving (the same as i would try to help someone with korg, or MIDI etc etc)...anyway as i said its all becoming more familiar to me now,so its why i said i was done asking, as i know enough now to figure out this board for myself...and if it doesn't work , well then it probably isn't supposed to work...
thanks again for your post, keep the aussie flag flying!!!
cheers
dennis

#30417 - 07/28/07 07:26 AM Re: q for donny re styles
Dnj Offline

Dennis....Im a pro musician that hasn't had a day off in 20 days straight giggin' sorry but I dont always have the time to offer help on the forums....or maybe if I dont know the answer to your question I dont want to give the wrong reply.....there are many avenues of assistance...I dont know why your so upset and continue to blame Ketron support. Can you elaborate a bit more on what you want to eliminate from a style besides reducing the volume or re-recording just that one part? Dennis remember we ALL use the KB in a different manner & needs.....right now the SD1+ is the best keyboard I have ever played fulfilling all my needs on stage & sounds incredible not out of the box but because I made it sound that way thru tweaking, editing, asking questions, live stage EQ's etc etc ...it CAN be done with time & patience.I also look forward to the new Ketron AUDYA soon too.

Good Luck

#30418 - 07/28/07 07:32 AM Re: q for donny re styles
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Dennis if you purchased a Roland G70..we would have answered your questions...instantly!!!

#30419 - 07/28/07 01:30 PM Re: q for donny re styles
miden Offline

hi donny, it wasn't directed at you, sorry if it seemed that way..yeah i know you are working, as am i...i am not upset. i usually dont get upset i just move on...i was just being lazy and wanted a quick answer, but as there were not may available i just ended up working it out, and i have no questions any more..i have many years experience working with keyboards, PC audio and midi etc etc,so i had no problems in knowing i would figure it out (the manual is not exactly overflowing with tips and procedural matters!!!)....its al good and onward and upward..
Hey fran, yeah i know..when i had the e-50 the support over at the roland group was wonderful...prompt and informative...
all the best
dennis

#30420 - 07/28/07 05:58 PM Re: q for donny re styles
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dennis,
glad to hear you sorted it out.
I think I read the ketron manual about 4 times ( when I first bought the sd1) before some of the instructions started to filter thru to the brain.
Either the manual isn't all that clear, or I'm just getting too old to learn new stuff haa haa.

I think possibly opening up the style group to all brands of keyboards might have been a mistake. Probably should have just left it as a ketron style group as there were more than enough other groups catering for yamaha, roland & korg styles.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the new board, it is a bit of a learning curve at first.
I luv the drums on the sd1+. The Live drums are great, but bear in mind you can also use drum wav loops in your patterns, which opens up all sorts of possibilities.

I was experimenting with it when I first bought the sd, but the only loops I had were freebies ( mp3's) I downloaded from the net & they weren't terribly good. I got involved with other stuff & forgot all about it.

Have recently come across another source that may work in the form of the BIAB 2007 Real Drums. ( wav audio loops).

best wishes
Rikki
[B]hi rikki,
yeah i noticed the styles yahoo group close, its good to know the reason so thanks for saying

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#30421 - 07/28/07 07:33 PM Re: q for donny re styles
miden Offline

hey rikki,
yeah in hindsight (a great thing hindsight ) it prob would have been better as just ketron...when i've got my entire rep setup with registrations etc, i will be turning to creating styles for classic Oz Rock songs, you know, from chisel, dragon, angels,men at work etc etc, as for some strange reason a lot of standardised styles do not really suit oz rock, anyhoo thats in the future...
cya
dennis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online