SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304040 - 08/07/06 03:39 PM Help! Anyone Seen this T2 Glitch?
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hey guys and gals! I have encountered a "strange phenomenon" w/my T2 and I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or not. Here's what happens:

I set up a style with desired voices and save it to a registration. I make sure I've saved the registration properly. Then, when I pick that registration, I see my 3 voices displayed for a half second - and then the voices change to some other voicing set! The styles, tempo, and key settings are all saved as I wanted them... but for some reason, some of my registrations initially display my saved choices for just about a half second - then they change to some other voices. My only workaround is to then press one of the OTS buttons and that seems to work, but that defeats that part of the registration process, right?

If anyone has seen this I will be relieved. I have deleted the individual registration and re-saved it and that seems to work...haven't tried it in all cases yet. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I LOVE THE T2!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#304041 - 08/08/06 02:39 AM Re: Help! Anyone Seen this T2 Glitch?
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Are you certain the Tick was in the Voice save box. Walter.

#304042 - 08/08/06 04:16 AM Re: Help! Anyone Seen this T2 Glitch?
saxxman Offline

Hi Walter - thanks for the suggestion. I will check that out, but I am pretty sure the styles were saved w/the voices I wanted. The board is currently in the case (played a gig Saturday), but it is coming back out this evening and I will investigate a little further. Thanks again!

Randy

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#304043 - 08/08/06 07:35 AM Re: Help! Anyone Seen this T2 Glitch?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Randy: Because the voices saved in reg do appear on the screen (albeit a few seconds), It seems to me that the voices are actually being saved into reg, but that somehow the keyboard (OS glitch or mechanical reg button(?) malfunction switching the voice selections to another (reg button?) setting. Make sure you have the latest OS 1.1 installed. If the problem persists, sounds like the Keyboard may need to be looked at by Yamaha. Good luck. Please keep us posted. - Scott

#304044 - 08/10/06 07:19 PM Re: Help! Anyone Seen this T2 Glitch?
saxxman Offline

Hey Guys! I GOT IT! The T2 is fine...it's the OPERATOR that needs work! Here's what was happening... I saved some midi files onto my hard drive and the midi files had voice settings associated with them. I noticed today that the "glitch" was happening every (and only every) time that the MIDI SONG changed with the registration. I started looking around and then discovered that when I saved several of my registrations, the "SONG" button was checked...so when I saved the REGs with my desired voices, it also saved the MIDI song with different voice settings. So, the 1st time I select a registration where the song name changes, i.e., new song is loaded w/the registration...the voices first display for the style and then default to the song settings. Then, if I re-press the same registration, the voices take because the song doesn't change.

Bottom line - I unchecked the "SONG" box when you first hit the memory button...and resaved the registrations which were giving me problems and the "glitch" is gone.

I was worried...thought my T2 my need to see the 'doc'... I'm glad the patient is fine.... and now that my head is on straight...I can go back to playing and having fun w/the board.

Thanks to you guys for your help!

Randy

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online