SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#303992 - 07/10/06 08:40 AM Upgrading from Tyros 1 to Tyros 2
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
I'm seriously considering now upgrading from the Tyros 1 to the Tyros 2, has anyone been dissapointed with this move, was it just a small improvement or a massive leap forward.

Kind regards to all and thanks in advance to anyone who can spare the time to share their thoughts etc

#303993 - 07/10/06 11:09 AM Re: Upgrading from Tyros 1 to Tyros 2
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
For me it was the best and the T2 was even much better.
No regrets at all !
Now playing 8 months on it and every time i play the T2 its a joy !

Best regards,
Impuls

#303994 - 07/10/06 03:10 PM Re: Upgrading from Tyros 1 to Tyros 2
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
I'm seriously considering now upgrading from the Tyros 1 to the Tyros 2, has anyone been dissapointed with this move

Hi Peter. As a working pro who owned the Technics KN5000 (2 years), Yamaha PSR2000, then Tyros1 (for 3 years), and since Nov 2005: Tyros2, I remain thrilled with the terrific improvements & new features Tyros2 includes: much more responsive (expressive) key feel & with a more durable key build, built in HD digital recorder (terrific to capture your live performance), expressive SA Voices, Lyric (.txt) display which can be called up via regist (1-8) buttons. Though I'm sure Tyros2 remains fully capable, as a gigging pro, I think you too will appreciate the new features Tyros2 offers.

Scott

#303995 - 07/10/06 03:58 PM Re: Upgrading from Tyros 1 to Tyros 2
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi:

I did not have the Tyros1, but I did have the PSR 3000 a very close in features and tone generation, I did upgraded to the Tyros2, and NO regrets at all....You will find new features like audio recording, besides the beautiful sounding S.A., new Mega sounds, etc.....and of course, the 400 styles that includes, if you find some names that are the same on your T1, be prepared, Yamaha DID improvements besides the new tone generation, as a quick example, the Guitar Serenate, Intros 2-3 and the vartiations are diferent than in the previous model.....I like better the new ones, and things like that you will find a lot of fun feautures, I am aware that every player has diferent style of playing and therefore the needs are also diferent too. Still, you will find a very rich sources of sounds/styles/features that you can use.

#303996 - 07/11/06 12:18 AM Re: Upgrading from Tyros 1 to Tyros 2
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
[B]I'm seriously considering now upgrading from the Tyros 1 to the Tyros 2.

Hi Peter

As you know, I went from the KN7000 to T2 and I don't have one ounce of regret.

Go for it mate - spend your money - don't forget, there's no pockets in shrouds

John

#303997 - 07/11/06 07:25 AM Re: Upgrading from Tyros 1 to Tyros 2
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Many thanks to you all for the valuable advice, much appreciated.

While i'm thinking of it, does the Tyros 1 Registrations / Custom styles and Voices load straight into the Tyros 2, and do they sound as good or better in the Tyros 2?

Many thanks once again for the advice

Kind regards to all

Peter

#303998 - 07/11/06 09:55 AM Re: Upgrading from Tyros 1 to Tyros 2
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
They all load into the T2. I'm not sure if they sound better as I've not had the T1, but at the worse they will still be the same.
I use quite a few T1 voices that I have edited. You can easily re-voice them once they are loaded in and with the styles you can also swap the parts for better sounds. It's really easy and quick to do. There's loads of quality styles and sounds already available for the T2 anway that's on the net for free as well as ones you can buy. In fact there's too much to be honest, it takes me ages going through all the new styles and sounds I keep finding and editing
You certainly will not regret getting one and the T1 stuff you already have is all ready for loading into the T2.

[This message has been edited by Craig_UK (edited 07-11-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online