SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#303972 - 02/25/07 11:25 AM Casm
Piper-Pilot Offline

Are any of you familiar with the Casm (not sure what it stands for) data for the Yamaha styles? I understand that this can be used to provide different accompaniments based on the chord you choose. For example I can have a stlyle play a particular bass line for a major chord, while a minor chord gets a totally different bass line.
Thanks on advance!
Jake

#303973 - 02/26/07 01:28 AM Re: Casm
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark

#303974 - 02/26/07 01:02 PM Re: Casm
Piper-Pilot Offline

Jorgen,
Thanks for your quick response! I am honored that I actually met you! I have a visited your web-site! I am still somewhat confused with casm, but as you said on your site.

If a chord type (e.g. the "aug" chord) is set to "On", all "aug" chords in the channel will play.
If a chord type is set to "Off" all chords of this type in the channel will be muted.

In what format is this information presented? There's no way that I activate or de-activate this last feature on the keyboard.
I'm actually new to the Yamaha line. My previous keyboards were Technics and are no longer making keyboards.
Unfortunately I must make my own styles as there is nothing in the keyboard (Tyros2) that meets my needs for certain types of music. I'm almost there though after having a very frustrating time using it with cakewalk.
But this last casm feature was obviously in my old keyboard (technics) because when I played certain types of chords, the accompaniment changed and when I played a fast passage, it also changed. This feature is "missing" in the tyros.
Thanks again and nice to meet you!
Jake

[This message has been edited by Piper-Pilot (edited 02-26-2007).]

[This message has been edited by Piper-Pilot (edited 02-26-2007).]

#303975 - 02/26/07 09:47 PM Re: Casm
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Hi Jake

The CASM data is stored in the style file.

You can not create more different patterns for certain chord types at the keyboard.
This can only be done in CASM software; e.g. my "Creative Style Maker" at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/csm/index.htm

Register for the Lite version (free) and you will be able to edit all CASM data.

Regards
Jørgen

BTW: There is more information about CASM in the help file to this program.

#303976 - 02/28/07 09:13 PM Re: Casm
Piper-Pilot Offline

Hi Jorgen,
I tried registering, but did not get an E-mail. How long should it take?
Thanks Jake

#303977 - 03/01/07 08:20 AM Re: Casm
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Hi

I just mailed you another Activation mail.
Mail me at js@jososoft.dk if still havn't got a mail.

Regards
Jørgen

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online