SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#303921 - 07/16/06 11:48 PM Tyros 2 voices (need for use of sustain)
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Hi

I'm curious about how people are finding the Tyros 2 voices by default. Yamaha's voices to me have always been a little flat and lacking in that full in the face feel. With my PSR7000, 8000, 9000, I found it useful to save many, voices as custom voices, and add some sustain, and reverb. With Tyros 1 I did not need to do this so much.
Have owners found a marked difference in the natural sustain of voices especially the newer voices added to the Tyros 2?

Also, have owners found it easy to play the SA Voices by just playing as they've always played?

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

Peter

#303922 - 07/17/06 01:25 AM Re: Tyros 2 voices (need for use of sustain)
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
It's very rare I use the sustain button itself other than for some of the organ sounds, but with any arranger keyboard I have always used a sustain pedal instead. If you plug a pedal in you'll have no problems at all and no need to set up custom registrations just for the sake of sustaining voices.
The SA voices are very easy to use, just adjust the key feel settings to how you play then you can trigger any effects you want by applying a bit more pressure.
Everything can be customised to your own individual tastes so don't worry about it

#303923 - 07/17/06 05:42 AM Re: Tyros 2 voices (need for use of sustain)
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
I have been pleased with in general with the stock T2 voices. Some benefit from some tweaking. As for SA voices, I find many of they to be very playable, especially as solo voices. Some, however are a little difficult to control dynamic ranges and I find myself using some of the non-sa voices in those cases (ex: some strings).

#303924 - 07/23/06 01:51 AM Re: Tyros 2 voices (need for use of sustain)
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Many thanks Craig & Robert for your thoughts on this, much appreciated.

Peter

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online