SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#303892 - 12/30/05 09:10 AM Tyros2 and Loading Samples
asafar Offline

Loc: New York
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all members.

I am about to buy the T2 and since I use Ethnic sampled Percussion I need to find out few things about loading and using Samples.

1- is it possible to make a user Kit with Samples?
2- is it possible to use kits from Samples to a Drum or Percussion user style track ?
Thanks in advance.
Abdallah Safar www.abdallahsafr.com

#303893 - 12/30/05 10:10 AM Re: Tyros2 and Loading Samples
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Abdallah,
I wish I had better news for you my friend but after just reading your post and confirming with Steve Deming at Yamaha, I've been told that you cannot make drum kits out of samples and this would also answer question number 2 that you can't use sampled drum sets in the styles since you can't make drum sets in the first place. This is very disappointing information for all the middle eastern musicians who need specific ethnic sounds in their drum sets. If I find out anything else at NAMM next month I will let you know.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#303894 - 12/30/05 10:48 AM Re: Tyros2 and Loading Samples
asafar Offline

Thank you George for the info and too bad that Yamaha did not think of this since they put the option of 1GB Ram for Nothing.
Hope to see something interesting in this years NAMM.

#303895 - 12/30/05 04:19 PM Re: Tyros2 and Loading Samples
George Gevo Offline

Loc: N.Hollywood CA
I have T2 and I am using custom drum's.
Thing is you can sample or load custom drum or prc.set but you can only use truck 9 wich is prcusion truck.

#303896 - 12/31/05 03:13 PM Re: Tyros2 and Loading Samples
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Salaams from south africa. I play mostly indian music and i can understand your disappointment. I had a tyros1 and the only indian kit was the arabic one which was poor. In tyros 2 it is the same kit..no improvement at all..very sad. But what u can do is create your own multipads using the latin kit.. .im not sure if thats the right kit but i recall one of those kits had better indian percussion than the arabic kit.

#303897 - 12/31/05 03:26 PM Re: Tyros2 and Loading Samples
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
One of my friends is the best indian singer in south africa and africa. His name is Hoosen Valley. He also has a tyros1 but adds the roland xp60 asia board and triton le to merge with the tyros styles. Hes done it at live shows and the tabla etc blends in beautifully. Maybe u should get an xp60 with asia board to blend with tyros2. Its cheaper thesedays. My friend released 10 cd's in the last 12 months. Yamaha will never give us a better arabic kit so my advice is get an xp60..wish u could hear what Hoosen has done with t1,xp60 and triton le (le also has some indian stuff)

#303898 - 01/09/06 06:03 AM Re: Tyros2 and Loading Samples
trtjazz Offline

asafar,
I would look into an Emu Planet Earth for those sorts of ethenic percussion. I have one, drive it with either my T2 or my FantomX and it is excellent.
jam on,
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.musicchops.com/forums/

#303899 - 01/21/06 04:44 PM Re: Tyros2 and Loading Samples
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Asafar,
Just came back from NAMM and talked with the techs from Yamaha Japan. I've learned more about sampling with the T2.
First, you cannot program a user drum set but......
You can create a custom voice where you sample a different drum sound on each key and then you can use this custom drum voice using track 9, not track 10.
You can also use custom voices (sampled sounds) in the style tracks as well.
Also, we figured out you could create a custom loop and assign it to a multipad. The only problem is that you would have to have the BPM be sampled at the tempo you have made the style play at.
I hope this helps,
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#303900 - 01/21/06 04:58 PM Re: Tyros2 and Loading Samples
asafar Offline

Thanks George this makes things a little better.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online