SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#303848 - 07/07/09 02:20 PM Bebop just recorded this song on the Roland E 80
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI all,
I don't see much action on this forum anymore so maybe we can get some started here.
I just recorded this original song I wrote on the Roland E 80 live with Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.
How about some of you people putting up some of your Roland songs here.
I don't qualify to post in the General Arrange forum because I don't know either of the two mandatory songs they require and my eyes don't read very well anymore at my age.
Here is my song: http://www.box.net/shared/to6gxphxbk
Hope you enjoy it.
I dedicate it too all the Roland Owners,
Bebop Bill

#303849 - 07/07/09 04:05 PM Re: Bebop just recorded this song on the Roland E 80
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Hey Bill..you sure are a "BigBand" type of guy...

#303850 - 07/08/09 08:30 AM Re: Bebop just recorded this song on the Roland E 80
BEBOP Offline

HI FRAN,
I played horns in several big bands when I was young. We got 10.00 a night side man scale if we belonged to the union and 12.00 if we doubled on two instruments. Everything was arranged and you had to read the music. Solos were a measure with a diagnol slash threw them and a number, meaning you had that number of bars to blow after the turn around.
I do love big band music and still play a lot of it on my keyboards. Roland has some good styles for BB.
Best to ya,

Bebop

#303851 - 07/09/09 06:46 PM Re: Bebop just recorded this song on the Roland E 80
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
BeBop ... real nice job ... thnx for sharing, friend,
t.

#303852 - 07/10/09 02:04 PM Re: Bebop just recorded this song on the Roland E 80
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Bebop...
Nice composition and playing.

Are you still playing the RV parks?

Eddie

#303853 - 07/11/09 02:56 PM Re: Bebop just recorded this song on the Roland E 80
BEBOP Offline

thanks Tony and Eddie,
I do still play a gig now and then in a RV park we might happen to be parked in for a period of time. we usually stay in a park for a week or more at a time and the word gets around that I am there and will play for their RV club dinner, dance, singalong, or whatever.
I always enjoy it and often will just play for a spontanious street dance on the street I am parked on in the RV park. Sometimes we will have everybody in the park there including managers so no problems with complaints.
It is fun.
Bill

#303854 - 07/11/09 10:05 PM Re: Bebop just recorded this song on the Roland E 80
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Bebop - great work! Wow.... I hadn't heard the E-80 and it sounds great! You did a terrific job on the song and the performing. You are a very good keyboard man! Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing your composition and your talent.

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#303855 - 07/12/09 09:26 AM Re: Bebop just recorded this song on the Roland E 80
BEBOP Offline

Thank you Randy,
that is a real encouragement coming from you who I consider to be one of my peers. I really enjoy your sax work. I haven't played reeds in a long time but enjoy playing them on THIS particular keyboard.
Best regards,
Bebop

#303856 - 07/22/09 10:31 AM Re: Bebop just recorded this song on the Roland E 80
BEBOP Offline

THANks everybody for posting here.
However it didn't seem to get this forum going again.
I don't see any Roland people posting here or putting up songs or even interested so
NIGEL, I have tried three times to get this forum going and it is a waste of time and bandwidth so why don't you just junk it.
BEBOP

#323998 - 05/11/11 04:30 PM Re: Bebop just recorded this song on the Roland E 80 [Re: BEBOP]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Hey Bill,

I just ordered a Roland AT-350C. It will be my first Roland keyboard. Your background with both Technics and Roland may be a great help for me in understanding the Roland OS. I have played Technics organs and keyboards for longer than I care to remember. So, I'm sure there will be a steep learning curve to move to the Roland.

I will be trying early to create and modify styles for my new toy. I saw no editing capability in the owners manual. So, I assume the styles are midi format that could be edited at the PC?

I really liked the horns on your song. Nice piece.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online