SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#303775 - 01/24/08 10:40 PM G70 touch screen problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Recently I have had a problem with a Roland G70. The touch screen stopped reacting. The keyboard is 6 weeks old yet Roland would not replace it and I am having to wait 4 weeks for the repair.
Because the touch screen failed I was unable to save my work to disc. Has anyone had similar problems with this keyboard and Roland service.

------------------
Vic

#303776 - 01/25/08 09:12 PM Re: G70 touch screen problem
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Where are you based, Vic? Different countries have different warranty policies...

I am a moderator on Roland-arranger.com (and prior to that, the Danish G70 Users Group), and haven't heard yet of a single touch screen that failed completely. There HAVE been a few screens that either a) had a striped pattern through the screen, and b) the screen has been offset partially outside the window, making some controls impossible to get to. Both of these things have generally been put down to rough handling by the shippers.

If you payed by credit card, you MAY be able to nullify the transaction, get your money back, and then buy another one. But I am not positive on this. Contact your credit card about this. Other than this, I am afraid you may be stuck with Roland's glacial warranty service. But don't give up!

COMPLAIN...! Loudly and repeatedly. Call your country's Roland headquarters. Bitch, bitch, bitch! Call the repair place (get a 1-800 number!) and remind them daily of your problem. Tell them that for the exorbitant price you just payed, service should be faster...

The squeaky wheel gets the grease....

#303777 - 01/31/08 10:45 AM Re: G70 touch screen problem
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I haven't had any problem with my E 80 touch screen and haven't heard of anybody else either.
don't give up. Make them fix it.
Bebop

#303778 - 01/31/08 11:40 AM Re: G70 touch screen problem
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Vic, have you tried to install or re-install the version 3 OS?

How about the factory reset?

#303779 - 01/31/08 11:45 AM Re: G70 touch screen problem
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I am surprised that Roland chose not to include the touch screen calibration feature found on previous arranger models ..

Maybe a Roland tech can get you the sequence combination that re calibrates your keyboard..

I will try and find the procedure for you..

#303780 - 02/21/08 11:18 AM Re: G70 touch screen problem
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
A calibration routine will only work if the screen actually RESPONDS...

The details for this are available at Roland-arranger.com, if you need it at a later stage.

And tell them 'four weeks! what are they doing, WALKING here from Italy?!'

Insist they overnight the part...

#303781 - 02/24/08 11:20 PM Re: G70 touch screen problem
E80 Offline

Loc: Bahrain
Hello All,

I am a new Roland E80 user and I am having problems with the style composer. How can I create a new style using two drum kits for eg. say a style using Standard + Ethnic drum kits. Please help!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online