SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#303597 - 05/13/07 03:58 AM Roland E80 resources
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi everyone.
Here's a list of Roland links taken from my own website for anyone that's interested.

Roland G70/E80 forum
The Danish G70 music forum. A great source for styles and user programs which will also work in an E80. The forum doesn't seem to support the E80 much, due to the lack of support or sponsorship from Roland directly, but it is definitely worth joining and it's free.

Roland Arranger forum
A great new site for all things Roland

Roland SRX expansion boards site
A superb flash site showing all of the SRX expansion boards available for the E80. Each board also allows you to audition certain patches, to give you an idea of the sound quality.

Roland UK expansion boards site
Expansion cards available for the E80 again, with some demo sounds to listen to. Not as good a link as the one above, but it is still worth a visit.

JV80 expansion boards site
Expansion board demos again. This link shows the JV80 boards. The latest SRX boards contain many samples from these JV80 boards. There are some great patches to listen to on here.

G70/E80 downloads
Great files to download for the G70/E80

Also worth visiting are:

Roland TV
A superb site with videos of various Roland products including the E80 and the excellent Sonar software.

E80 video and styles demonstration
A very good Danish site that has links to an E80 video demonstration and also has demo links to the 12 style categories. A must visit for anyone wanting to hear this great arranger keyboard.

Roland keyboard club
You can find new styles in the music shop to purchase, there is a video under multimedia, you can download the E80 product catalogue and under the support link for anyone new to the E80, watch Ralf Schink's tips and tricks which are excellent and even show you pictures of the E80 screen, which you can enlarge in order to follow the tips.

PVK
PVK have released style packs for the Roland G70/E80. If you visit their site by clicking on my link, you can hear a demo of each of the styles available.

I hope you find the links of use

#303598 - 05/13/07 03:36 PM Re: Roland E80 resources
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Thanks for all the resources. I have followed the Danish site for awhile. Good site, I'm hoping now on the new Forum there will be more on the new Roland Keyboards.

Marilyn

#303599 - 05/13/07 06:40 PM Re: Roland E80 resources
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thanks Craig, these are good resources for us E 80 newbies,
Best to ya,
Bebop

#303600 - 05/13/07 11:31 PM Re: Roland E80 resources
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Bebop. I have also found http://www.roland-arranger.com/ to be very responsive at answering my questions on the forum.

#303601 - 05/16/07 11:09 AM Re: Roland E80 resources
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The new http://roland-arranger.com/ site is a direct replacement for the older Danish G70 Users Club site http://www.selskabsmusikeren.dk/.

The old site is now 'read-only' as an archive, and most of the content has been transfered to the new site. However, it is still useful to read up on nearly three years of postings (it is searchable), and suggestions for improvements... Same admin, same moderators, same dedication to making it the best independent site for Roland arrangers.

See you there!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online