SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30356 - 12/09/02 09:12 AM Ketron Keyboard as a Controller
keyihs Offline

Hi,

Has anyone used their Ketron arranger as a controller for a synth module. It is possible?

Thanks

#30357 - 12/09/02 09:34 AM Re: Ketron Keyboard as a Controller
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Of course it is; with the SD1 you have a dedicated "Midi" page, where you can set the midi channels and all kind of filters for every part of the keyboard (left, right, arranger section, etc)

#30358 - 12/09/02 10:20 AM Re: Ketron Keyboard as a Controller
keyihs Offline

Thanks Dreamer. What if you want to able to controll Korg X5dr module from your ketron keyboard. You know, being able to change and play sounds from the X5dr module using your ketron keyboard.

Thanks

#30359 - 12/09/02 11:55 AM Re: Ketron Keyboard as a Controller
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Well, that's another ball game entirely; I have never tried such a thing. I guess that every time you change a registration on the SD1 it will transmit a program change number on a given midi channel, but I don't think you can program also "which" number will be transmitted. In other words, Registration 001 will transmit always program change #1, registration 002 = #2 and so on... For what you want to do the only solution is a dedicated master keyboard or a midi patch bay.
In the General Arranger Forum about one month ago was posted a topic where the midi patch bay issue has been discussed at lenghth. You can do a search on that Forum using the keyword "midi patch bay". I think that the author of the topic was Zuki.
Let me know.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online